2023-24 NFL Season Thread

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Cowherd today said he’s heard Caleb Williams doesn’t want to play for Bears.  Commanders is the team he wants to play for.

That makes sense because it’s his hometown and he went to high school there, but he doesn’t get the choice.  Sucks that he’s only one pick away from where he wants to go but it is what it is.

23 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

That makes sense because it’s his hometown and he went to high school there, but he doesn’t get the choice.  Sucks that he’s only one pick away from where he wants to go but it is what it is.

Cowherd made it sound like him and his dad will make the Wash pick happen

2 hours ago, fathom said:

Cowherd today said he’s heard Caleb Williams doesn’t want to play for Bears.  Commanders is the team he wants to play for.

Was his source Wesley Steinberg? lmao

2 hours ago, fathom said:

Fine, pick him and trade him like Eli Manning and Phillip Rivers.

Or maybe Cowherd doesn’t know s%*#.

Edited by The Beast

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Cowherd made it sound like him and his dad will make the Wash pick happen

He also mentioned the whole lame duck coaching scenario, where Eberflus may not even be here a few seasons from now and everything starts over with Caleb. 

I’ll never understand why they didn’t replace Flus, when everything was aligned not only for Harbaugh - but several appealing alternatives. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Exactly, tough s%*#. It’s easy to look back and say everything worked out well for the Chargers. But it would have obviously been better having Eli. Caleb can sit out the start of his career on the bench, then. I’m not watching him win titles for Washington

Edited by Flash Tizzle
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, bmags said:

Colin Cowherd huh, that guys a straight shooter. Definitely real.

He’s connected to the USC program. It was also interesting that Caleb’s dad directed Shane Riordan to their PR guy after denying Caleb didn’t want to play for the Bears to him a few months ago.

7 hours ago, fathom said:

He’s connected to the USC program. It was also interesting that Caleb’s dad directed Shane Riordan to their PR guy after denying Caleb didn’t want to play for the Bears to him a few months ago.

Mmm hmm yeah 

8 hours ago, fathom said:

Well I’m convinced 

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Well I’m convinced 

Even if it was true, there’s a difference between saying he doesn’t want to play for the Bears versus he won’t. How many players are really drafted to a team they want to go to? And this whole idea of wanting to go to Washington because he grew up nearby; well it didn’t impact where he went to college

57 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

Even if it was true, there’s a difference between saying he doesn’t want to play for the Bears versus he won’t. How many players are really drafted to a team they want to go to? And this whole idea of wanting to go to Washington because he grew up nearby; well it didn’t impact where he went to college

Eli Manning happened once and it took a hell of a lot to make that happen.  I don’t think Caleb’s dad is a retired NFL QB with the cache that the Manning family has in the NFL

25 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Eli Manning happened once and it took a hell of a lot to make that happen.  I don’t think Caleb’s dad is a retired NFL QB with the cache that the Manning family has in the NFL

The one worked out pretty well for the chargers. The Elway one did not do so well for the Colts. 

22 minutes ago, ptatc said:

The one worked out pretty well for the chargers. The Elway one did not do so well for the Colts. 

Ah yea you are correct, twice with Elway.  I just don’t think Caleb is gonna have the sway

i also would question if it worked out pretty well for the chargers as Eli went and won two titles in New York and the chargers still are without 

Did the Caleb, Washington thing come up before or after Ben Johnson electing to not go there?  Thinking the Washington situation is better than the Bears is vastly different when you have no clue who the QB is playing for on that side of the ball.

Sounds like Waldron has no chance of being a HC so it is safe that performance here will result in stability. 

43 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Ah yea you are correct, twice with Elway.  I just don’t think Caleb is gonna have the sway

i also would question if it worked out pretty well for the chargers as Eli went and won two titles in New York and the chargers still are without 

That's why I said pretty well. If you have player that won't play, they at at got some decent players with merriman and rivers out of the deal. 

Williams has the sway and f he sits out a year, I believe. He's made enough with the NIL money to get by. 

I can already forsee the cope narratives if, by chance, this story is correct:

“Guys…..

it doesn’t matter how well Williams is playing. He didn’t want to play here.”

”We would have ruined him like everyone else.”

”(Insert team) had a better coaching situation for him”

”(insert team) had a better locker room for him to thrive in, like the Eagles with Jalen Carter.”

Edited by Flash Tizzle
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, almagest said:

Caleb Williams is liking Chicago real estate posts on Instagram. Sure sounds like someone who isn't dreaming of playing here. Cowherd is a blowhard.

He also changed his IG picture to him as a kid wearing a shirt with a bear on it. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, bmags said:

Cowherd already walking it back. Shocked!

There are already so many Bears fans who have ran with the idea Caleb doesn’t want to be here, mostly based on fake twitter stories or speculation. When the truth comes out to counter that, it sadly doesn’t even matter. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

There are already so many Bears fans who have ran with the idea Caleb doesn’t want to be here, mostly based on fake twitter stories or speculation. When the truth comes out to counter that, it sadly doesn’t even matter. 

I think there's also a subset of the fanbase that really wants the Bears to keep Fields, so the idea that Williams doesn't want to be here is something they want to be true. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I think there's also a subset of the fanbase that really wants the Bears to keep Fields, so the idea that Williams doesn't want to be here is something they want to be true. 

There definitely is. I have a buddy in that group. Has his head in the sand about the realistic outcomes here.