1 hour ago, Highland said:

Except for that crazy ninth, the Sox played a great game today. Although, it should have been about 10-1 going into the ninth. Opportunities missed. But Robert was amazing and Moncada looks like a different player.

Andrus did not have a good day at the plate neither today nor yesterday.  He refuses to take a walk and keeps swinging at pitches outside the zone, and leaving a ton of RISP.  Time to try Romy at second?

1 hour ago, pcq said:

Bad finish wasted your closer. 

Sometimes guys just need the work. There's no way to tell if Pedro is going to do a good job yet, but this strikes me as one of those times they felt they had room to get him the work they thought he needed. Unfortunately he had to throw so many pitches. But it's better thsan blowing a save in a 1 run game  tomorrow because he's a little loose with his stuff.

Edited by Chick Mercedes

6 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Every year we keep Ruiz and he sucks. Every time he goes in a game you know something bad is going to happen. His fastball is now slowing down and it's never had any movement, nor could he pinpoint the pitch to the right part of the zone. His secondary pitches are also weak and pathetic. Please DFA this loser and bring someone else up.

I am sick and tied of watching the other good teams show how they can properly evaluate and develop good bullpen pitchers and we keep failing miserably in the front office, scouting and coaching departments. 

Diekman is worse.  I guess they are keeping him because he is a lefty.  But not to pitch to Yordan Alvarez with the bases loaded.

1 hour ago, hankchifan said:

Diekman is worse.  I guess they are keeping him because he is a lefty.  But not to pitch to Yordan Alvarez with the bases loaded.

He's here until Crochet is ready is my guess

51 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

He's here until Crochet is ready is my guess

They could bring up Tanner Banks, who was actually good last year and far better than Diekman (as well as 50%+ of the Sox relievers) last year.  And/or Davis Martin; they may be holding him back as starter insurance, but if this pen doesn't get better, they may not have a choice.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

They could bring up Tanner Banks, who was actually good last year and far better than Diekman (as well as 50%+ of the Sox relievers) last year.  And/or Davis Martin; they may be holding him back as starter insurance, but if this pen doesn't get better, they may not have a choice.

Tanner Banks was extremely protected last year and undoubtedly would get absolutely smoked with a larger sample. There’s a reason he’s almost 32 and basically a career minor leaguer. 

47 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Tanner Banks was extremely protected last year and undoubtedly would get absolutely smoked with a larger sample. There’s a reason he’s almost 32 and basically a career minor leaguer. 

And every time I think of Tanner Banks, I think of the 6 run lead we blew in the 9th last year against Cleveland. Totally irrational to associate him with that single game, but I do. 

So he's a "piece of -----" because you had him pegged as being a wife beater based an accusation, even though the evidence supposedly proved otherwise?  Give the guy a break. Remember, this is still the USA where burden of proof is supposed to mean something. 

Just now, ChetLemon77 said:

So he's a "piece of -----" because you had him pegged as being a wife beater based an accusation, even though the evidence supposedly proved otherwise?  Give the guy a break. Remember, this is still the USA where burden of proof is supposed to mean something. 

Sorry, that was meant for Soxfan49...

6 hours ago, ChetLemon77 said:

This isn't the first time Clevinger has done something a piece of s%*# would do. If you need more PROOF that's what he is, try googling it

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

Mike Clevinger was, is and will continue to be a piece of s%*#

He pitched well today

This.  He is a shitbag whom I don’t want anywhere near my favorite team. Every time the camera showed his cringeworthy face my skin crawls.  Nothing about his performance yesterday changes that.  That said, he did his job.  Doesn’t change my view one iota and I still long for the day he is DFA’d.  There is no conflict here for me.