And that's a white sox Single-hittin, pitcher walkin, storm hustlin WINNER

bmags

Cease struggled mightily with his control, but battled well enough to give his team a chance despite the walks.  Home plate Ump was complete trash and did the Sox no favors.  TA might have had a valid beef but needs to keep his cool, even when the opposing pitcher wasn’t helping matters. All of these things can be true.  Sox found a way to prevail which is ultimately all that matters. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I feel like that's just part of his persona and brand at this point. None of his ejections lately have been really ejection worthy imo. I just rewatched it on MLB.tv and yea, @Tony is right, he didn't need to get so upset the ump called it correctly it seemed.

To me, I don't care what takes place...don't get thrown out in the 3rd inning. If he's pissed at the ump, fine...state your case and go back to the dugout. Tim got into it with Rayburn and didn't get thrown out. He got thrown out after he kept going at him or Webb in the dugout. You lose me there. You said the ump fucked up, move on. 

You're one of the better players on the Sox, they just lost Eloy...getting thrown out in the 3rd inning because you're mad is selfish and childish. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Tony said:

To me, I don't care what takes place...don't get thrown out in the 3rd inning. If he's pissed at the ump, fine...state your case and go back to the dugout. Tim got into it with Rayburn and didn't get thrown out. He got thrown out after he kept going at him or Webb in the dugout. You lose me there. You said the ump fucked up, move on. 

You're one of the better players on the Sox, they just lost Eloy...getting thrown out in the 3rd inning because you're mad is selfish and childish. 

Yep, just 'Tim being Tim' sadly. No room for that, given the situation.

54 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The ball hit through Vaughn's glove at like 109 mph that broke the webbing is going to be overturned yet again by league office...

Is any body going to call this out for what it is? Even a 109 mile per hour ball SHOULD NOT break through your glove. It was poor equipment maintenance on Vaughn and or the equipment managers part. 

Edited by superchops70
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, superchops70 said:

Is any body going to call this out for what it is? Even a 109 mile per hour ball SHOULD NOT break through your glove. It was poor equipment maintainence on Vaughn and or the equipment managers part. 

So many guys play with the damn webbing hardly even laced up now. I get you want a soft feel and a deep pocket but bro you're also facing dudes that can hit it 109mph.

• Like 1

I like all the base hits I saw in the highlights of the game at mlb.com. Maybe we've learned from the Astros, who go with the pitch a lot and smoke regular hits, not just homers. Good to see Robert's batting average and Beni doing OK. 

Sox lineup 'seems' to be decent even without Eloy. But our pitching and defense problems prolly will mean a ceiling of about .500 again. I see our starting pitching as being average to above average and the bullpen blah to a failure cept for Lopez.

I love today's win though.

Edited by greg775

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

I like all the base hits I saw in the highlights of the game at mlb.com. Maybe we've learned from the Astros, who go with the pitch a lot and smoke regular hits, not just homers. Good to see Robert's batting average and Beni doing OK. 

Sox lineup 'seems' to be decent even without Eloy. But our pitching and defense problems prolly will mean a ceiling of about .500 again. I see our starting pitching as being average to above average and the bullpen blah to a failure cept for Lopez.

I love today's win though.

They did hit a lot of singles today...but they aren't trying to hit singles like it seemed like last year.  Their plate discipline could be better, but they seem to be hitting the ball harder than last year.  I have no stats to back that up but it just seems like they are.  At least TA, Robert, Moncada and Grandal seem to be hitting the ball harder.  The balance is much better as well (L/R) and I like that Grifol moved Moncada up while he is hitting well and has generally kept the same lineup.  If we could start hitting just a few more home runs I would feel even better about the offense.  I know we should take more walks...but if we are going to get this many singles in a game those are essentially the same thing as getting a walk.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

From what Grifol said he did not have a good night . Probably yakkin his guts out. Gutty performance !

This type of gutty performance even solidifies Dylan's resume even more than we already know it is, as one the the premier pitchers in baseball. Being totally sick and not having anywhere close to your best stuff and still going 5 innings, 1 hit, 1 ER and 8 K's.

The rest of the Sox players ought to immediately take a page from Dylan's "toughness book" and begin applying the utmost mental toughness and concentration towards every single pitch and at bat going forward. 

• Like 1