4/6/23 Giants @ White Sox 1:10 Game Time

wegner

3 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

And tomorrow they go to Pittsburgh to face a hot Pirates team.

The Pirates are throwing Dick Mountain, Vince fuc*kin Velazquez and Johan Ovideo in the series.  Me thinks the Sox are going to be just fine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I know, but look at the reactions from some posters and Chicago media.

I don't think Lynn is done per se, but the velocity is something to watch because of the pitch clock and his age.  If it doesn't improve by May 15th then it starts to become a concern. 

I don't think Kopech is done either btw, let them see if it was just him tipping his pitches. 

Edited by baseballgalaly
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Are we saying Lance Lynn’s career done like Michael Kopech’s was the other day? 

(He’s had a bad performance today but I wondered if we were overreacting again.)

I was one to quickly claim Kopech's career is over.  My sense with Kopech is that he as no idea how to approach a hitter.  His FB was so dominant his entire life he's never had to learn.  Now his FB is pedestrian, his breaking ball command suspect, and change up command still a work in progress.  Now he's trying to learn how to pitch at the big league level and I don't suspect it will go very well. 

Lance on the other hand is just fat and old. 

3 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Your point is valid if Benintendi was the replacement for Vaughn which he was not and you'd be bitching right now if Abreu was here with that contract.

He is the virtual offensive replacement for Abreu in terms of Eloy and Vaughn still in the lineup.