4/6/23 Giants @ White Sox 1:10 Game Time

wegner

Is the Giant player who hit the ninth inning grand slam going to get fined for trying?

I hate when position players pitch. That's not baseball. I don't care if the pen gets stretched a bit. Put a major league pitcher in there. 

I can't remember when a Sox team looked this bad. This was beyond embarrassing. In the booth, the usual nonsense. This is only one loss. The team should just forget it. Yes, they can forget it until it happens again.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Definitely. After that AB, not only is he not untouchable, he should probably be released outright. Maybe even forced to work a low paying retail job, or fast food.

I’m sticking with, for now just Cease and maybe Robert Jr. are untouchable. 

2 minutes ago, Pale Sox said:

Yeah… no real way to sugar coat that series. They got demolished.

zero depth = this outcome

they can't even pull their starters early and rely on relievers (they're using their one decent long man as a closer lmfao)

perpetually inept, they'll never win a single playoff series with this current FO/Ownership

Enjoy the highs when they happen because this is what the lows look like

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Highland said:

Is the Giant player who hit the ninth inning grand slam going to get fined for trying?

I hate when position players pitch. That's not baseball. I don't care if the pen gets stretched a bit. Put a major league pitcher in there. 

I can't remember when a Sox team looked this bad. This was beyond embarrassing. In the booth, the usual nonsense. This is only one loss. The team should just forget it. Yes, they can forget it until it happens again.

Shades of the Yermin Debacle.

• Like 1

With L & L gone I thought it would take a while for an on field scapegoat to arrive. It may not take that long. Or maybe we'll have too many to chose from. New season - same old s%*#.

Well...at least they didn't get swept.

But this is just flat out embarrassing.

I hope Rick, Kenny and JR are enjoying this.

Jose Ruiz should have been cut years ago,

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, bmags said:

Yeah this board was SUPER POSITIVE about this team, definitely the most optimistic board ever and the narrative was that only tony held them back. 

Sarcasm aside, go look at the predictions thread. Lots of chatter about how this is a super talented roster that will win the division and how Pedro and company will be such a breath of fresh air. 

Just now, Lip Man 1 said:

Well...at least they didn't get swept.

But this is just flat out embarrassing.

I hope Rick, Kenny and JR are enjoying this.

Predicted 3-4 and 15-18 start.

Just thought it would be 1-3 at Houston and 2/3 against SF at home.

One season the home field advantage might comment into play again...?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

zero depth = this outcome

they can't even pull their starters early and rely on relievers (they're using their one decent long man as a closer lmfao)

perpetually inept, they'll never win a single playoff series with this current FO/Ownership

Enjoy the highs when they happen because this is what the lows look like

Well, they did win a world series with this ownership and front office.

The problem is, its long overdue for a new direction and leadership. The White Sox organization is stale stagnant water, its time to dump it and refresh with new voices and direction.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Sarcasm aside, go look at the predictions thread. Lots of chatter about how this is a super talented roster that will win the division and how Pedro and company will be such a breath of fresh air. 

I mean on paper this is an 82-84 win club. It appears the offense has regressed positively just in time for Hahn to build one of his bullpen specials. So yea, I have no idea why anybody would expect 90+ wins with the talent we have. Compared to two years ago the pitching talent is down across the entire board.

• Haha 1

Just now, LittleHurtCG said:

Minnesota is definitely better/improved.

Guardians at even more of an advantage with aggressive base running and one of the deepest farm systems in the game.

White Sox would be doomed with their #2 started out for significant time.

Nice job pursuing Conforto on a shorter term make good deal versus  committing so much money to post-prime Benintendi...

14 minutes ago, Highland said:

I actually enjoy watching bench players pitch. It’s kinda fun. Wasting an arm on that game making them potentially unavailable tomorrow in a game that isn’t decided is dumb. 

Just wish position players actually tried. The lobbing is so lame. 

2 minutes ago, T R U said:

The problem is, its long overdue for a new direction and leadership. The White Sox organization is stale stagnant water, its time to dump it and refresh with new voices and direction.

Very true but that will only happen under new ownership. I've never understood that JR, as hard-headed and pragmatic a business person as you'll find, is so adverse to firing people or holding them accountable for performance.

Just very strange.

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, T R U said:

See 1997/2003 Marlins.

Of course Dombrowski is/was a much better judge of talent.

Edited by caulfield12

14 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

I’m sticking with, for now just Cease and maybe Robert Jr. are untouchable. 

Far too early to even be discussing this, the Sox are 3-4 7 games in lol. But Iif you are “rebuilding” keeping Cease and Robert, tho only two guys that would return absolutely elite talent, is dumb. Sorry to break it to ya tho, Sox aren’t rebuilding any time soon. They may trade some expiring assets if they’re way out of it come July, but that’s about it.  

Just now, Lip Man 1 said:

Very true but that will only happen under new ownership. I've never understood that JR, as hard-headed and pragmatic a business person as you'll find, if so adverse to firing people or holding them accountable for performance.

Just very strange.

Yep, not often you get to see front offices get two cracks at rebuilding