4/12 - Sox @ Twins: Let’s Win the Series

ChiSox59

9 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Man, I really want to believe.  Its too early for this season to hit the drains. Not even 2 weeks in.  But this team is making it very difficult.  Just a brutal series of a baseball here. Down 1-0 and feels like we're down a touchdown.

Pitching seems to be settling in. Offense is struggling now, but I think we'll have a better idea once Eloy/Yoan return next week and TA hopefully not long after.

Now let's maybe get the hell out of this cursed ballpark before someone else gets hurt....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

This isn't a "told you so" post but for a lot of us, the warning signs were right in front of us, obviously dating back to last season (and even 2021 when they played s%*# baseball the 2nd half of that season)

This is EXACTLY what a lot of us predicted given how they built this roster. 

It's looking more and more like the shortened 2020 season was the one to go all in but Hahn did nothing and left us going in to the playoffs with basically 2 starting pitchers and a wing and prayer.  Of course if our MVP would have hit like a damn MVP or anywhere close against the A's we could have gotten out of that 1st round and then who knows.  That's right I said it, I loved Jose but he left a s%*# ton of guys on base that series.  What did Timmy hit, like .700 and the run producers did not bring him around. 

Sorry, I am getting a little salty and better get back to work. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Pitching seems to be settling in. Offense is struggling now, but I think we'll have a better idea once Eloy/Yoan return next week and TA hopefully not long after.

Now let's maybe get the hell out of this cursed ballpark before someone else gets hurt....

HHH MetroDOOM was the truly haunted site for Sox 2001-2010. 

New stadium has been not nearly so daunting. 

1 minute ago, wegner said:

It's looking more and more like the shortened 2020 season was the one to go all in but Hahn did nothing and left us going in to the playoffs with basically 2 starting pitchers and a wing and prayer.  Of course if our MVP would have hit like a damn MVP or anywhere close against the A's we could have gotten out of that 1st round and then who knows.  That's right I said it, I loved Jose but he left a s%*# ton of guys on base that series.  What did Timmy hit, like .700 and the run producers did not bring him around. 

Crochet injury doomed that game and exposed too much of pen ultimately. 

Cease wasn't yet trustworthy... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Kinda funny that Diekman got the A's through that series with all of Liam's struggles is now on the Sox sucking it up.

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Poor Robert has to swing at junk because 2nd pitch in a row to him 4 inches off the plate called a strike.  Just terrible game from Alan Porter.

Are umps ever fined or otherwise docked pay for shitty games?  Or are they just denied playoff gigs, etc?

We are what we are.....

Can't stay healthy

The healthy guys are can't hit

We keep signing guys (Andrus, Ben) who can't hit.

I'm as optimistic as the next guy but this is a shitty start to the year for a team that could not afford a shitty start.

10 minutes ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Those guys aren’t going to stay healthy, particularly Eloy.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

We are what we are.....

Can't stay healthy

The healthy guys are can't hit

We keep signing guys (Andrus, Ben) who can't hit.

I'm as optimistic as the next guy but this is a shitty start to the year for a team that could not afford a shitty start.

It’s the ridiculously hard next three weeks of games that feels it’s going to take this from rough start to “we’re screwed”

• Like 1

Wtg Gavin, way to close out the 8th inning with yet another weak groundball out and running to first base at a snail's pace. 

Why are we playing Sheets anywhere? He can't play right field. He showed us yesterday he sucks at first base fielding as well and now he cant hit. What a wasted draft pick and at 6'5" 220 lbs, with zero home runs and zero extra base hits. 

• Like 1