and that’s a white Sox winner

bmags

Great news that Gio has looked great lately. Offense only scored in 2 innings all day. But lighting and cold could have had something to do with it. 

Bummer was shaky again. Would be nice to get him back to at least sometimes filthy. Lopey was the good Lopey tonight. I like that Lopey. 

Eloy made it through without a trip to the hospital or an x ray machine, so that’s good. He is going to hit eventually. Burger is fun. This entire team used to be fun. Romy made a nice catch in LF, even if his path to it was a bit curious. And Pedro defenses out in the 9th. I liked that a lot. So finally, more positives than negatives . To me, it was a big win, because another L and things really could have snowballed.

Get the first series win tomorrow.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Vintage Gio and Lopez looking beastly. That’s more like it

Rick Hahns best move. Gio, Lopez, and bait for Lance Lynn for Eaton. Rick , when you think about it, and see what other teams usually wind up with when they trade their best players for prospects, made 3 great trades. Eloy and Cease for Q was great. Moncada and Kopech haven’t performed as hoped but they still have a ton of talent and Sale was going to get hurt, so that was a pretty nice move too. 

46 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Great news that Gio has looked great lately. Offense only scored in 2 innings all day. But lighting and cold could have had something to do with it. 

Bummer was shaky again. Would be nice to get him back to at least sometimes filthy. Lopey was the good Lopey tonight. I like that Lopey. 

Eloy made it through without a trip to the hospital or an x ray machine, so that’s good. He is going to hit eventually. Burger is fun. This entire team used to be fun. Romy made a nice catch in LF, even if his path to it was a bit curious. And Pedro defenses out in the 9th. I liked that a lot. So finally, more positives than negatives . To me, it was a big win, because another L and things really could have snowballed (100%), (kind of like a relief, breath of fresh air, can exhale again).

Get the first series win tomorrow.

Giolito looked great.  He threw a lot of pitches, but they were good pitches.  He didn't struggle to get guys out.  He had a nice mix of strikeouts and balls put into play.  Best of all, he looked confident.

Burger is absolutely smoking the baseball right now.  He needs to play as much as possible.  Like someone else mentioned, sit Eloy if you have to.

Bummer is frustrating because he has great stuff, but he can't find the control right now.  Hopefully he gets it back.

And we need more Lopez like the Lopez we saw last night.

11 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Call me crazy but I’m sitting Eloy for a few games while Burger is hot.  Light a fire under his ass or something. 

It's not crazy, but a better strategy is to put and keep Burger at #4 in the lineup instead of Eloy and move Eloy further back in the lineup. I get sitting down Eloy would put a fire under his ass hopefully, but I personally would still like to see Eloy in the lineup, even if much lower so that he can get his swings in and hopefully correct this horrible slump he is in. 

Edited by The Kids Can Play