4/23/23 Sox @ Rays 12:40 Pedro's Boys Don't Get Swept Gamerthread

wegner

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

I love how the 23 year old who hasn't even played a full season in AAA and is up to cover an injury is "cannon fodder." Never change you meatballs.

That’s your opinion, I got mine

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

TLR needed fired, but it’s fair to say the Sox issues ran way deeper than him. What time are those multiple championship parades Mr. Hahn?

I agree with the first sentence, but why is everyone so hung up on that stupid quote? It was clearly cocky GM bullshit then like it is now.

8 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I love how the 23 year old who hasn't even played a full season in AAA and is up to cover an injury is "cannon fodder." Never change you meatballs.

They will eventually succeed with another organization lol... 3-5 years from now. 

Meatballs are the fans for believing every year that one of the rookies will actually hit the ground running with a seamless transition to the big leagues. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Won’t argue that but to me, since the playoff series loss at Oakland this team never was the same.

If their pitching wasn’t as bad and the hitting was more clutch, this would be a better team. It seems like not doing either of those things like they used to make weaknesses more glaring. I need more data from this year to put my finger on what needs to change with the roster. It makes me wonder if Grifol will get any say in what he needs to change for next year.

Edited by The Beast

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

I agree with the first sentence, but why is everyone so hung up on that stupid quote? It was clearly cocky GM bullshit then like it is now.

Because Hahn is the easiest scapegoat with TLR gone and JR an absentee landlord who seems totally out of the loop at this point. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Because Hahn is the easiest scapegoat with TLR gone and JR an absentee landlord who seems totally out of the loop at this point. 

Fine, but it’s a lazy thing to do to just use the same recycled crap to go after a GM who isn’t getting fired.

15 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

TLR needed fired, but it’s fair to say the Sox issues ran way deeper than him. What time are those multiple championship parades Mr. Hahn?

He didn't know it at the time but being forced to hire TLR was the best thing to happen to Hahn.   TLR averaged 87 wins per season and took all the heat off Hahn's roster moves.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Fine, but it’s a lazy thing to do to just use the same recycled crap to go after a GM who isn’t getting fired.

Then there's pretty much no reason to follow a team when any hope of positive changes is completely extinguished. 

What is Hahn's vision for a plan to solve or address the multiple issues across this organization? 

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Then there's pretty much no reason to follow a team when any hope of positive changes is completely extinguished. 

What is Hahn's vision for a plan to solve or address the multiple issues across this organization? 

It’s one thing to hope for positive changes or discuss what people want to see done to the team. It’s another thing to just spew the same s%*# over and over about Hahn and just add pages to a Fire Rick Hahn thread. Like I said, people should do something more concrete to show their dissatisfaction with the team and organization. Write letters. Get cheap tickets in the upper deck and raise the banners or write out signs and try and get captured on TV or social media. Don’t get tickets. Don’t buy memorabilia. Etc. Anything seems more productive than writing negative posts that the FO and ownership likely doesn’t read.