4/30- Rays vs Sox VII, 1:10

flavum

3 minutes ago, shago said:

Rays TV broadcasters just showed the replay and called out Eloy for lack of effort jogging down the line, while also saying, 'the obvious lack of team effort we've watched this weekend is a big reason why this team is 7-21' ... Amazing what a league joke this franchise has become

Robert was more obvious because he deliberately decelerated and pulled up at the end... but Jimenez was never close to full speed.  Painful to watch. 

Edited by caulfield12

15 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Haseley has a higher career OBP than Vaughn.

Do we think that Vaughn’s career OBP is as relevant as his 2023 numbers? Do we think Haseley’s career OBP is as relevant as what role he is in on this team at this stage of his career? Sure, folks can be results oriented with what just happened, but I still think Haseley leading off in an MLB game in 2023 is ludicrous compared to literally any other option. 

Just now, Greg Hibbard said:

Do we think that Vaughn’s career OBP is as relevant as his 2023 numbers? Do we think Haseley’s career OBP is as relevant as what role he is in on this team at this stage of his career? Sure, folks can be results oriented with what just happened, but I still think Haseley leading off in an MLB game in 2023 is ludicrous compared to literally any other option. 

It's like Billy Hamilton leading off in 2023 because he's "fast" and used to be an occasional threat five years ago...or even in 2021. 

1 minute ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I still think Haseley leading off in an MLB game in 2023 is ludicrous compared to literally any other option. 

I disagree. He's hungry, playing hard, and playing well. Most of the rest of this team is a walking corpse.  I hope they keep him there until he stops playing well.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

If you are purposely tanking like the Sox organization appears to be since October 2022, then it starts to make a little more sense.

I’m fine letting younger players get most of the time at this point beyond showcasing the dozen or so pieces you want to move June-July.

Knock the payroll under $100M over the next 3-4 years, it’s not like this organization can compete, whether they want to or not.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

3 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

The team needs a spark, someone who's trying to make a MLB roster, hell Jake LaRoche could easily lead this rudderless team.  Who I ask, who should lead off and also show me he deserves it based on his recent AB's?

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1

5 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

The team needs a spark, someone who's trying to make a MLB roster, hell Jake LaRoche could easily lead this rudderless team.  Who I ask, who should lead off and also show me he deserves it based on his recent AB's?

Nobody “deserves” it on this lackluster team, but the manager and FO still claim they are trying to turn this around, and I have never seen anything from Adam Haseley that convinces me he’s ready to jump from AAAA filler to friggin lead off man. I would rather give more PAs to anyone I thought might hit a home run once in those PAs. 

24 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I don't think any line-up construction is "ludicrous" with what is offered. Aside from that Vaughn should be batting in his role of what you hope him to be, 2-5 hitter. I don't see any benefits for him to be in a role he will never hit.