4/30- Rays vs Sox VII, 1:10

flavum

15 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I believe some owners would prefer to not share a city's affections with another baseball team. It would also intrigue some owners to be the hero that brings baseball to (fill in expansion city). 

I don't really believe it to be true, but JR could basically use it as a "you want me to sell? Look what that got you. Waving goodbye to the team!"

I guess. We will need to wait and see what happens when JR dies. Moving the team wouldn’t be what the fan base wants, selling it to a new owner who wants to keep the team here would be. I guess New York would be different from Chicago since we compare more to the Mets and the Cubs compare more to the Yankees in terms of popularity.

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Ask it this way. What happens if the team continues to White Sox for the next 5 years, the fan base atrophies and shrinks, and then Reinsdorf and Co. go to the city and state and demand another sweetheart deal on a new stadium? 

That is fair. What becomes of Soldier Field? What happens to the A’s? Which city would take on a franchise like the White Sox? There has to be fatigue with public financing if the Bears need any in Arlington Heights, Soldier Field renovations aren’t paid off and one of the stadiums remain vacant.

If they move out of the state, I don’t think I will support them as a fan like I do now. I don’t think I could become a Cubs fan, their culture doesn’t suit me. 

Edited by The Beast

14 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I believe some owners would prefer to not share a city's affections with another baseball team. It would also intrigue some owners to be the hero that brings baseball to (fill in expansion city). 

I don't really believe it to be true, but JR could basically use it as a "you want me to sell? Look what that got you. Waving goodbye to the team!"

MLB would have a say in this. Fresh money and ideas could steal the city from the northside. A very big market to let go so easily. A potential goldmine for a new owner.

49 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I was thinking about what JR could do and how fans would react to firing Hahn, making KW oversee the team and make moves until the end of the year. Then they promote Getz. How would that date around here if the general consensus is to want perspectives outside of the organization?

Getz is another yes man. JR will find a way to sabotage the operation. He might come up with making it up to hawk and naming him GM..... Believe me it wouldn't surprise me with JR

2 minutes ago, soxrwhite said:

MLB would have a say in this. Fresh money and ideas could steal the city from the northside. A very big market to let go so easily. A potential goldmine for a new owner.

MLB would gain a city. Look at all the expansion talk, no one says let's add a second team in X. 

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Rock bottom yet ? Robert replaces Moncada as most despised/misunderstood/complacent ? 10 run inning after 6 no hit innings ? Don't know your coaches name ? Rock bottom knows no bounds. Tune in for more fun bad today !

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Ask it this way. What happens if the team continues to White Sox for the next 5 years, the fan base atrophies and shrinks, and then Reinsdorf and Co. go to the city and state and demand another sweetheart deal on a new stadium? 

Isn’t that basically the plot of Major League?

• Like 2

Bottom line: Forget all the possibilities. The reality is this, it probably couldn't get much worse with new ownership/ new front office. 

I've been in touch with friends in the mainstream Chicago media the past few days and I've been struck at how three of them all used the same phrase, That they "feel sorry" for Sox fans.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Good luck

offer-nothing.gif

• Love 1

4 hours ago, flavum said:

Rasmussen vs Clevinger

If they call it for weather, I doubt they stick around and try tomorrow when it’s going to be worse. Rays come back to face the Cubs, so this one would probably be made up Thursday, June 1st. 

Go rain?

It looks chilly and wet an hour before game time, but the hourly has the rain holding off until 4ish.  Probably no weather related mercies today...

23 minutes ago, Big Hurtin said:

Good luck

offer-nothing.gif

Exactly and where does that leave things? There are only a handful of options.

-The Reinsdorf group pays for a new stadium with little public money. Why are you laughing?

-They get into a situation like Oakland the last few years, where some people want to make a deal but neither side wants to leave money on the table, and the state and city are demanding Reinsdorf can’t get the same amazing deal as last time. 

-The team is sold, and new ownership has to decide whether to move. Entirely possible that the new ownership could be a group from another city.

6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Do you really think MLB and thr AL would abandon Chicago all because Jerry Reinsdorf ran his team like a Subway Franchise? It's a sleeping giant.

It’s wild people continue to float this idea.  As soon as Jerry is gone, the Sox will finally awaken.  No sane person is leaving the third largest market in hopes of some mid-sized market offering green pastures.

• Like 2