5/2- Twins vs Sox, 6:10

flavum

2 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Forgot he existed for a sec.  He's better in the field, but hardly worth giving regular ABs.  Gotta love an org that prioritizes depth.

That’s debatable. He was a top 100 prospect a couple years ago. Just playing with effort would give him a leg up on some other players

Sorry, I'd rather watch Oscar Colas play on a loser team every day of the week, than Billy Hamilton. This organization really has no grasp on logic or reality. Billy Hamilton...really?

• Like 4
  • Hawk 1

8 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Sorry, I'd rather watch Oscar Colas play on a loser team every day of the week, than Billy Hamilton. This organization really has no grasp on logic or reality. Billy Hamilton...really?

Desperate times call for desperate measures. 

Oscar Colas is almost 25 years old. Dude is older than Tatis Junior. Let the kid play and flame out. 

1 hour ago, Capn12 said:

If we gotta be bad, at least we get fun?

Colás was struggling mightily, and sitting on the bench in Chicago isn't doing him any good.  I'm bothered by how they handled him too, but what can we do?

16 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

If we gotta be bad, at least we get fun?

Colás was struggling mightily, and sitting on the bench in Chicago isn't doing him any good.  I'm bothered by how they handled him too, but what can we do?

What made anyone think Colas was even close to ready for the show? Dude looked overwhelmed by major league pitching. How does that get better in Charlotte? 

4 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

What made anyone think Colas was even close to ready for the show? Dude looked overwhelmed by major league pitching. How does that get better in Charlotte? 

Well for one he can actually go down and play every day rather than sitting on the bench for half the games. That's at least something.

• Hawk 1

14 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Haseley helps win last game in a number of ways....Sheets starts very next game. 

And Grifol is good because???

Yeah I don't get sitting a guy the very next game after he has a huge day.  It's not like you need Sheets in the lineup or something, and Haseley would give you better defense.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

The AAA teams will see what the MLB teams were doing to get him out. They will do it too. So he will get.....practice and hopefully make the necessary adjustments. This happens while he can play everyday without hurting the big league club and not feeling MLB pressure.

• Hawk 1

3 minutes ago, PorkChopExpress said:

Yeah I don't get sitting a guy the very next game after he has a huge day.  It's not like you need Sheets in the lineup or something, and Haseley would give you better defense.  

Absolutely!

1 hour ago, EloyJenkins said:

Haseley helps win last game in a number of ways....Sheets starts very next game. 

And Grifol is good because???

Sheets would never be on a roster of a legitimately contending team. Then again neither does “MVP” Haseley, who at least can field a baseball.

I guess he is trying to steal three at bats and will swap in Hamilton or Haseley in the 6th/8th if the game is still meaningful.

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Well for one he can actually go down and play every day rather than sitting on the bench for half the games. That's at least something.

Plus you get an extra controllable year, which was heavily debated over the past several months on SoxTalk.

Gotta save Reinsdorf money when you can, though he’s not in this business to make money based on his comments yesterday.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Sheets would never be on a roster of a legitimately contending team. Then again neither does “MVP” Haseley, who at least can field a baseball.

I guess he is trying to steal three at bats and will swap in Hamilton or Haseley in the 6th/8th if the game is still meaningful.

Except as a platoon DH and part time 1B.  We already recognized long ago Sheets should never ever be in the outfield. 

And Haseley at the very least earned another start...he must feel discouraged. 

I guess it's because Sox PR is hyping Larry errr Gavin up yet again as the next Palka-esque hope of the franchise.  Ridiculous. 

Not even 1987 Orioles fans would buy that one. 

Edited by caulfield12