5/4- Sox vs Twins, 1:10

flavum

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Wasn't that pretty much a typical late inning for Colome?  He constantly did a high wire act....just leave him in there and see if he could get out of it instead of bringing in a guy on what I think was his major league debut. Seems pretty damn stupid.

To go to guy making his major league debut.  Grifol really is an idiot but the offense killed that game.   What exactly was Grifol expecting to have happen with a soft tossing leftie there? 

• Like 1

Just now, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

You said Cease is a better hitter than him and that Hahn should be ashamed of the roster. That feels like singling out Billy to me.

Nope, I love his spot on the roster.  It was more in reference to Sosa, who is one of the worst players I’ve ever seen.  He ruined that whole inning.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

You said Cease is a better hitter than him and that Hahn should be ashamed of the roster. That feels like singling out Billy to me.

Billy has the out part down, just needs to work on the singling 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Grandal has to be one of the worst players in baseball

Seems like we have a lot of those, hard to believe we had all those chances to win the game and not one of those stiffs could come through with a hit.

• Like 2

Guys who shouldn't be starters:

• Elvis Andrus
  • Gavin Sheets

Guys who shouldn't be up at this point:

• Oscar Colas
  • Lenyn Sosa

Guys who shouldn't be in the organization:

• Hanser Alberto
  • Darryl Boston
  • Mike Clevinger
  • Alex Colome
  • Romy Gonzalez
  • Rick Hahn
  • Sammy Peralta
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

To go to guy making his major league debut.  Grifol really is an idiot but the offense killed that game.   What exactly was Grifol expecting to have happen with a soft tossing leftie there? 

100% agree. Hamilton on 3B with less than 2 outs in the 8th and the 10th and horrible at bats. Pathetic effort by the offense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Two months and counting 

Do you honestly think a team is giving up anything for him to be the SS?  His skillset is not conducive to winning.  For being off today he got 3 at bats and basically cost them the game.  To pinch hit him is really bad coaching as the is the exact position he fails in and failed again later.  Not to mention the continued fieldign lapses.

This organization has literally zero players that one would consider fundamentally sound.  Maybe Elvis but his bat is terrible or Benentendi but he has no power for a LF.  

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

Do you honestly think a team is giving up anything for him to be the SS?  His skillset is not conducive to winning.  For being off today he got 3 at bats and basically cost them the game.  To pinch hit him is really bad coaching as the is the exact position he fails in and failed again later.  Not to mention the continued fieldign lapses.

This organization has literally zero players that one would consider fundamentally sound.  Maybe Elvis but his bat is terrible or Benentendi but he has no power for a LF.  

Absolutely I do. Have you seen the crap the Dodgers play at SS?

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

Hang this loss on Reynaldo, yet again.  I think it's like his 4th or 5th tie or lead given up this year.

This season would be in much better shape without so many bullpen failures.

Yep, he’s choked way too often 

• Like 1