Grifol: 'If you don't like the lineups, talk to Jerry.'

joejoesox

18 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

Kenny Williams has been part of this organization for over 30 years.  If he still cared about it we would know.  This entire debacle comes down to Williams handing the keys to Hahn and Hahn driving the bus off a cliff.   

Ahh, but Kenny told us he did care. He said there was definitely "accountability" in his front office. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1

Look I know this isn’t what everyone wants to hear, but I am looking forward to Pedro going into his Joker era and saying “nah I don’t care, talk to Jerry” 😂

especially after Jerry threw him under the bus through Bob Nightengale.  f*** it, bring on the chaos

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Look I know this isn’t what everyone wants to hear, but I am looking forward to Pedro going into his Joker era and saying “nah I don’t care, talk to Jerry” 😂

especially after Jerry threw him under the bus through Bob Nightengale.  f*** it, bring on the chaos

Honestly, I'm also here for it.

He hasn't been around long enough to have some weird instilled loyalty.

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

100%

It's actually refreshing seeing a non robot response. Maybe there's a personality in there under all the stiffness and pre-programmed responses.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bmags said:

One thing he should do though is not put out terrible lineups.

No excuses for some of that s%*#, it shouldn’t be debatable getting your best players the most at bats.  But I heard that Nightengale interview live and you could practically hear JR telling Bob to drop that quote about Pedro and how he hasn’t done s%*#.  Just a classless low blow 

5 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

No excuses for some of that s%*#, it shouldn’t be debatable getting your best players the most at bats.  But I heard that Nightengale interview live and you could practically hear JR telling Bob to drop that quote about Pedro and how he hasn’t done s%*#.  Just a classless low blow 

Well I can imagine that. I really can't handle listening to bob after he compared TLR missing spring training for a DUI court appearance to David Ross missing spring training with the flu.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, bmags said:

Well I can imagine that. I really can't handle listening to bob after he compared TLR missing spring training for a DUI court appearance to David Ross missing spring training with the flu.

Probably gonna be a little weird for bob once Jerry isn’t there to feed him bullshit anymore, it seems like we are the go to tabloid fodder for him now 

On 6/19/2023 at 7:21 PM, elrockinMT said:

This is exactly my take on it too. Grifol was probably tired of being questioned about his lineups so told them to complain to the boss man 

Ozzie said if someone asked  Jerry he probably wouldn't want Jake batting 8th

What is it about the Sox that brings out angry comments from managers and coaches (remember Coop?) and players once in a while. Our fans are mild compared to other fans of losing teams. 

A first-year manager is comfortable enough to say that about bring it to Jerry if u don't like it? That's pretty screwed up. Pedro isn't exactly Tom Lasorda. Jerry should axe him and promote Ozzie. Why not? The media has changed, They're not going to have anybody blast Oz for his former comments. It's Oz time whether some of u like/realize it or not. Pedro's comment does nothing to make anybody think he's capable.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

What is it about the Sox that brings out angry comments from managers and coaches (remember Coop?) and players once in a while. Our fans are mild compared to other fans of losing teams. 

A first-year manager is comfortable enough to say that about bring it to Jerry if u don't like it? That's pretty screwed up. Pedro isn't exactly Tom Lasorda. Jerry should axe him and promote Ozzie. Why not? The media has changed, They're not going to have anybody blast Oz for his former comments. It's Oz time whether some of u like/realize it or not. Pedro's comment does nothing to make anybody think he's capable.

I wish it was. Jerry doesn't have the cajones to hire back Oz, even though he should. 

On 6/19/2023 at 9:46 AM, Bob Sacamano said:

He’s not wrong but bold to go at your boss like that.

Previous Managers were all former members of the Sox organization so none of them who owed their lifetime job to JR would ever say anything bad about him.  We finally get someone from outside the organization and people on Sox Talk are calling him out because he spoke the truth.

Make up your mind people, complaining about everything will get you no satisfaction that won't happen until this owner is gone.

• Fire 1

On 6/19/2023 at 10:57 AM, Dick Allen said:

In all fairness Pedro and his line ups aren’t the only reasons this team is bad. But he certainly isnt what we had hoped and what Rick and Kenny said he was.

Nightengale wrote several Sox veterans want out. Good.

I agree but, it's hard to make out a lineup with this team when the players are constantly going down because of injury or because there's no depth to this roster.  The only depth we have is at the DH position which is the worst possible position to have depth. when making out a lineup card. 

Edited by A-Train to 35th
add
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1

On 6/19/2023 at 12:07 PM, The Kids Can Play said:

Great point and so did his own KC team when they hired the Rays bench coach Matt Quatraro as their new manager. 

And how's that working out for the Royal's, Pedro's not the problem boys it's the Sox roster and minor league lack of depth and player development.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, A-Train to 35th said:

And how's that working out for the Royal's, Pedro's not the problem boys it's the Sox roster and minor league lack of depth and player development.

It's working out badly, but that's not a fair comparison. I will agree with you the Sox roster is flawed, but it's better than the Royals. The talent level on the Royals doesn't even compare to the Sox. There isn't one manager in baseball who would have the Royals above 500 right now. The Royals are as bad if not worse than the A's.

Grifol has made many managerial mistakes which I believe cost the Sox several losses.

If the Sox had a better manager for example, like a Francona, Showalter, Hinch, Bochy or Cash, I am pretty damn sure the Sox would have a better record right now than they do. 

• Thanks 1
  • Hawk 1

What could go wrong with hiring a guy who has been out of the game for a long time, a history of drinking to excess, inflammatory rhetoric, and quitting on his team mid season when presented with a job offer from another team? 

:lolhitting

Perfect JR move. 

• Haha 1
  • TLR 1

On 6/25/2023 at 7:51 AM, Texsox said:

What could go wrong with hiring a guy who has been out of the game for a long time, a history of drinking to excess, inflammatory rhetoric, and quitting on his team mid season when presented with a job offer from another team? 

Perfect JR move. 

What would it hurt. Just sign him for the rest of this wasted season. And quitting on his team midseason?? That's a bit fake newsish. He quit with what a week and a half to go? Anybody who watches the postgame show has to love the guy (if u can understand him; hard to pick out some words sometimes).

On 6/25/2023 at 8:51 AM, Texsox said:

Perfect JR move. 

You’re thinking gorgonzola cheese when it’s clearly brie time, baby.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, greg775 said:

What would it hurt. Just sign him for the rest of this wasted season. And quitting on his team midseason?? That's a bit fake newsish. He quit with what a week and a half to go? Anybody who watches the postgame show has to love the guy (if u can understand him; hard to pick out some words sometimes).

Here's an idea. What would it hurt if they bring back an all star lineup? Dah Coach, Q, a HoF guy, and Phil, all sitting along side Oz. Sadly, it couldn't hurt, this team is that bad. 

G-man you know all the ways it could hurt. But I admire how you play dumb as a fox. I bet you were a huge Columbo fan back in the day.  

image.png

• Like 1

Quotes you will never hear from Pedro Grifol after Sox losses for $200, please. 

“Well, what I took away was the truth of the matter is we were flat and we made no adjustments really in the game almost whatsoever, and if you’re going to call a spade a spade and say how it is, that’s not good baseball,” Baldelli said.

Twins' closed their clubhouse today.  Accompanied by the inevitable team meeting.