6/19 Sox vs. Rangers 7:10PM CT

Just now, fathom said:

Like he wants to bring in someone that he can’t use as a scapegoat

He's out of chances.

They can keep cancelling SoxFest, never appear on any non team owned media, but their season ticket base will be down to team sponsors if he continues beyond this 90-100 loss season.

There is no future here over the next 3-4 years, will be a bottom 5 team in baseball once again as they have been during Hahn's entire tenure, but with zero carrots left to sell. Even Jerry knows you can't credibly sell another rebuild with this ass clown being a part of it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Bochy is awesome but he isn't the reason their hitters are all having career years. Surely their org overhaul went beyond the manager.

My point was the thought process of the hire. I agree Bochy can't work miracles, but he would be able to evaluate players, have more gravitas in terms of roster decisions, take a good inventory in terms of who has any value and who doesn't.

The team would be playing harder and I believe being held accountable would result in smarter baseball. At minimum, it wouldn't be depressing like most of this season beyond their lone good 2 week stretch against terrible teams + the beat up health wise Yankees.

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

He's out of chances.

They can keep cancelling SoxFest, never appear on any non team owned media, but their season ticket base will be down to team sponsors if he continues beyond this 90-100 loss season.

There is no future here over the next 3-4 years, will be a bottom 5 team in baseball once again as they have been during Hahn's entire tenure, but with zero carrots left to sell. Even Jerry knows you can't credibly sell another rebuild with this ass clown being a part of it.

Hopefully Getz also being associated with KC and Grifol kneecaps his chances at the GM job. 

Actually feels like Getz and Gordo in the broadcast booth could easily destroy what's left of the remaining fanbase. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

My point was the thought process of the hire. I agree Bochy can't work miracles, but he would be able to evaluate players, have more gravitas in terms of roster decisions, take a good inventory in terms of who has any value and who doesn't.

The team would be playing harder and I believe being held accountable would result in smarter baseball. At minimum, it wouldn't be depressing like most of this season beyond their lone good 2 week stretch against terrible teams + the beat up health wise Yankees.

I agree with your general points, but look at tonight's roster. Whoever you think is the greatest manager that's ever lived isn't winning with this.

• Hawk 1

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Do Jason and Steve really think that the Sox are contenders in this for s%*# division?

Well I'm pretty sure they could go 2-8 in the next 10 games and still be 5 1/2 back

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

I agree with your general points, but look at tonight's roster. Whoever you think is the greatest manager that's ever lived isn't winning with this.

The one notable change for tonight would have been Scholtens would be the starter tonight, with another reliever up in Seattle.

Didn't agree with a lot of the FA/trades moves with Tony's involvement. Think Bochy would have had good suggestions last offseason, definitely this trade deadline, and they perhaps make smarter short term signings like RF Conforto ($36M/2years) and Zach Eflin ($40M / 3 Years) and or Kyle Gibson ($10M/1 year) plus Brandon Drury ($17M /  2 years) instead of Benintendi ($75M / 5 years) plus Clevinger ($12M / 1 Year).

5 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Since he has the most talent, he's underachieving at a higher level.

This is what every position player on the team is currently on-pace for. Robert has a good chance to be more valuable than every other member of the "core" combined.

luis.png