Robert Junior goes Back to Back for a Back to Back White Sox Winner!!

South Side Hit Men

Luis Robert Junior goes Deep Twice!!

Bummer getting it done.

Middleton now 5 out of 5 shutout innings in the 9th, picks up his second save of the series and season.

People love to dunk on Pedro, but after having a couple months to learn his roster, has made good decisions, especially late game substitutions, to keep the Sox winning in June (11-10)  playing a much tougher schedule.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Super series win with Robert leading the way along with some great pitching, love beating the hated Red Sox. 
These guys dug themselves a hole in April and have had some gut wrenching losses in the last 2 weeks but I’ll give them credit, they haven’t quit.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1

So much for that tweet about being 4-20 in the last game of series or w/e it was so expecting a loss.

Stats can be twisted any way you want. Sox were nearly .500 at home could've meant they had a near 50/50 chance of winning.

Earl Weaver quote: Momentum is only as good as tomorrow's starting pitcher. Or since that's so old we can change it too tomorrows pitchers !

• Like 2

I will gladly take the series win and was so glad that I could listen to the game while working out at the gym. I’ve been impressed with the team on the field when they have played like this and don’t think they miss guys like Hendriks and Moncada when the replacements are playing well right now.

Hang a star on the play Bummer made and for getting outs, Middleton for closing it out, the home runs hit today and the hits Benintendi got today.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

I give tons of credit to Robert Jr. for working hard to improve on his plate discipline. Many of us in here were crushing him not too long ago on his horrible 0-Swing % and poor plate discipline. He has now clearly improved that weakness and is just crushing the baseball. He also looks to be having more fun now and more engaged. which many of us questioned his intensity and desire to win.

My hat is off to Robert Jr for making the necessary adjustments and lifting his game to the what many early on thought he could achieve in greatness.

• Like 2
  • Hawk 1

25 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I give tons of credit to Robert Jr. for working hard to improve on his plate discipline. Many of us in here were crushing him not too long ago on his horrible 0-Swing % and poor plate discipline. He has now clearly improved that weakness and is just crushing the baseball. He also looks to be having more fun now and more engaged. which many of us questioned his intensity and desire to win.

My hat is off to Robert Jr for making the necessary adjustments and lifting his game to the what many early on thought he could achieve in greatness.

Part of the key is he has actually been healthy this year. Not having to deal with a torn hip flexor, COVID, blurred vision, and a badly sprained wrist (and that's just his big league injuries) does make a big difference. 

• Fire 1

Credit also needs to be given to Ethan Katz, who many wanted fired after the terrible April start by the Sox staff. He has helped the bullpen navigate the loss of Liam, incorporated two new pitchers who are doing very well after mixed results on prior teams, helped Lance Lynn settle down the past few starts and have kept the four core starters healthy (Clevinger was always an injury concern since 2018 - terrible pickup by Hahn).

• March April Scoring 118-183 (Record 8-21) 6.31 runs allowed per game
  • May Scoring 133-123 (Record 15-14) 4.24 runs allowed per game
  • June 1-25 Scoring 70-75 (Record 11-10) 3.57 runs allowed per game

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Robert is very good but a few guys named Frank Thomas and Dick Allen say hello. 

Well he did say overall which covers defense and speed and baserunner. All Thomas could do was hit and walk . But he did those things extremely well.

Dick Allen could sure hit too and good baserunner , but not close to a good defender.

The Sox have three guys hitting a lot of HRs. I wonder the last team to have three guys hit over 35 hrs apiece finish under .500. I would think most managers would make something work with a core of 3 like that. And maybe four guys over 30 same question. Folks we have a bad manager.

Nice series vs boston though. We'll take Ws.

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1

The Twins and Guardians continue to spin their wheels; and I believe that should the Sox sell it will be basically a bargain sale.   So I continue to hope. This week offers another opportunity to turn things around  in  the fresh Pacific air against modest competition.

Toward  that end, the Sox pitching, by ERA, was #29 in April, #11 in May and #2 in June.   That's the path for this team, such as it is.
The glimmer persists.

• Fire 1