7/1 - Chicago White Sox @ Oakland Athletics - 3:07 PM CDT. TV: NBCSCH; Radio WMVP 1000 AM

4 hours ago, Tony said:

I don’t know how this doesn’t infuriate everyone. The Sox are one of the worst teams in the league yet find themselves in one of the worst divisions of all-time and somehow are still in a playoff hunt. 

The manager is keeping one of 2023’s worst hitters in the 2 hole because of what he has “done in this game” previously, totally ignoring what has transpired right in front of him on the bench. He is actively hurting the Sox chances to win out of “respect” for Tim Anderson.

This guy should not be managing an ML team. 

This answer is an embarrassment itself.  Grifol can show respect by leaving him in the lineup, but certainly not hitting second.  TA gets paid big money to perform well now, not for what he has done in the past.  Should be hitting in the bottom third of the lineup, until he comes back to form.

Just now, Soxfest said:

Grandal has hurt this team so much this year 

Might next year as well.  They are extrememly weak at catcher and they might have to sign him.  Plus I can't imagine he has any trade value.

1 minute ago, kitekrazy said:

Might next year as well.  They are extrememly weak at catcher and they might have to sign him.  Plus I can't imagine he has any trade value.

No way he is back under any circumstance

1 minute ago, vilehoopster said:

Back to last half inning. Sox HAVE to get Burger out of the lineup. He’s an automatic out. If you figure in today, he’s batting under .100 for his last 15 games. Replace him with anybody . . Any  body.

When they tried to hide him lower in the order, there was revolt over not getting "the best hitter on the team" more at bats lol.

• Thanks 1