7/9: Cards @ Sox: Matz vs. Giolito, 1:10 CT

Capn12

• Capn12 changed the title to 7/9: Cards @ Sox: Matz vs. Giolito, 1:10 CT
Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Do we have any left that actually questions now that Fegan is gone?

Sounds like Beni received a minor wrist procedure and will be ready to go after the ASB. 

• Thanks 1

Matz is 0-7 on the year with an ERA over 5. He hasn’t started a game since May 24, I’m guessing he was pulled from the rotation for poor performance since he was in the Bullpen for June. The Cardinals have lost the last 10 games he pitched in and are 2-16 in games where he pitched. This is actually rather impressive.

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Matz is 0-7 on the year with an ERA over 5. He hasn’t started a game since May 24, I’m guessing he was pulled from the rotation for poor performance since he was in the Bullpen for June. The Cardinals have lost the last 10 games he pitched in and are 2-16 in games where he pitched. This is actually rather impressive.

So, they're basically .500 when he's not pitching? I hope the Sox find a way not to ruin this streak.

• Hawk 1

1 hour ago, Capn12 said:

Comical, our journeyman infielder is starting in LF, and leading off

Grifol is the a complete idiot. Go right ahead Pedro and not play Remillard at second for as much as possible, in order to see if he can truly be our starting 2B in both hitting and fielding for 2024. Instead let's play the washed up Andrus at 2nd, especially since we aren't going to make the playoffs. I guess when your slash line is: .201/.278/.260/.537, you get to keep playing every game per the genius Pedro. 

It reminds me of TLR when he would purposely put out some stupid lineup and batting order...knowing full well, he could make those dumb BS decisions because Jerry had his back.

Now we know why Grifol told the fans and media, if we don't like his lineup, we could go talk to Jerry. 

Edited by The Kids Can Play
  • TLR 1

They are really doing a disservice to Robert by not giving him any rest this season.

He has played in all but three games this season and started all but one game since Memorial Day. During his one day of rest he was forced to come in in the 7th during his lone day off after Frazier was exposed with multiple plays trying to cover CF (June 20). Played a 20 inning doubleheader Thursday, hasn't been pulled even late to rest a few innings since before Memorial Day.

This evening, he has to jump on a plane after the game, fly commercial to Seattle into the early Monday hours, do the HR bullshit on Monday, play the exhibition game Tuesday, fly commercial from Seattle to Atlanta Wednesday to have a one day ASB Thursday before beginning the second half grind.

He's approaching 10 games more of the second most games played across all levels (2019 122 across three levels before Hahn threatened him with no callup unless he signed Hahn's screw you deal), Got screwed out of 63% of his first year pay with Jerry's 102 game 2020 lockout. He is liable to breakdown playing this number of games from here on out. It's truly disgraceful.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl.fcgi?id=roberlu01&t=b&year=2023

• Games Off: 4/9 at Pittsburgh, 5/24 at Cleveland, 5/27 at Detroit!
  • Innings Off since Memorial Day: Six1st-6th June 20, before being inserted because no other CFers on the roster.
  • Extra Innings Played since Memorial Day: Nine across six games.
Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

They are really doing a disservice to Robert by not giving him any rest this season.

He has played in all but three games this season, started all but one game since Memorial Day, and was forced to come in in the 7th during his lone day off after Frazier was exposed with multiple plays trying to cover CF (June 20). Played a 20 inning doubleheader Thursday, hasn't been pulled even late to rest a few innings since before Memorial Day.

He has to jump on a plane after the game, fly all the way out to Seattle, do the HR bullshit on Monday and then the game on Tuesday, and then fly all the way to Atlanta from Seattle Wednesday to have a one day ASB Thursday before beginning the second half grind. He's approaching 10 games of the second most games played across all levels (2019 122 across three levels before Hahn threatened him with no callup unless he signed Hahn's screw you deal, of which he was screwed out of nearly 2/3 with Jerry's 102 game lockout.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl.fcgi?id=roberlu01&t=b&year=2023

• Games Off: 4/9 at Pittsburgh, 5/24 at Cleveland, 5/27 at Detroit!
  • Innings Off since Memorial Day: Six1st-6th June 20, before being inserted because no other CFers on the roster.
  • Extra Innings Played since Memorial Day: Nine across six games.

Of course it's a disservice to Robert. Of course this is what happens when you have the following:

1 Moron GM

2. A "deer in headlights" with manager Grifol

3. Arguably the worst major league combo of roster/farm system in baseball. Thus in Grifol's fcuked up mind, he determines he is stuck playing Robert all the time. Not to mention, Grifol once told the media after one of Robert's great games, "he plays so effortlessly." 

This is the Sox MO, they operate at all times with the highest level of ignorance and stupidity.

Edited by The Kids Can Play
  • Like 1
  • Hawk 1

24 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

So you're saying the White Sox will have one run after 5 or 6 innings.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Grifol is the a complete idiot. Go right ahead Pedro and not play Remillard at second for as much as possible, in order to see if he can truly be our starting 2B in both hitting and fielding for 2024. Instead let's play the washed up Andrus at 2nd, especially since we aren't going to make the playoffs. I guess when your slash line is: .201/.278/.260/.537, you get to keep playing every game per the genius Pedro. 

It reminds me of TLR when he would purposely put out some stupid lineup and batting order...know full well he could make those dumb BS decisions because Jerry had his back.

Now we know why Grifol told the fans and media, if we don't like his lineup, we could go talk to Jerry.

I agree this is terrible, but it's Hahn's fault there are only two legitimate outfielders on the roster with Benintendi recovering from his wrist procedure.

Sheets and Eloy are DHs, and Hahn is carrying 3 theoretical catchers over a legitimate fourth OFer. If they are not carrying an actual 4th OF, then Eloy has to cover the OF in games like this. I'd prefer Hamilton or Haseley up if only to cover CF for Robert rest and periodic days off.

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I agree this is terrible, but it's Hahn's fault there are only two legitimate outfielders on the roster with Benintendi recovering from his wrist procedure.

Sheets and Eloy are DHs, and Hahn is carrying 3 theoretical catchers over a legitimate fourth OFer. If they are not carrying an actual 4th OF, then Eloy has to cover the OF in games like this. I'd prefer Hamilton or Haseley up if only to cover CF for Robert rest and periodic days off.

I do agree with you there, I would much rather have Hamilton or Haseley in left if Benintendi can't play LF and play Remi at 2nd. 

Of course this is 100 percent all Hahn's fault since he put this horrible roster together. 

• Fire 1

35 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

We will get no hit

12 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

So they are playing short handed again? And didn’t use the 10 day IL with 4 offdays?

“Jake Peavy made the comment one time, ‘They have no reservations about playing shorthanded.”