Eloy...yet again...

Lip Man 1

For the 19th time, that's right DVS of the Sun-Times listed his missing in action stints since he was called up to the Sox last month in the newspaper, our guy Eloy is going to miss time "at least the next four or five days..."

Of course the Sox won't put him on the IL and play shorthanded. LOL.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2023/7/16/23796778/eloy-jimenez-exits-white-sox-game-with-groin-tightness

Please trade this stiff!

So tired of this crap.

🤡

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Eloy is a hold for now.  Not going to get anything for him and he only makes $13M next year.

"Only" is a relative term especially when the overall budget is probably going to be drastically slashed and the Sox are going to have to try to fill numerous gaping holes.

At least try to get someone who can actually stay on the field. 

19 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

"Only" is a relative term especially when the overall budget is probably going to be drastically slashed and the Sox are going to have to try to fill numerous gaping holes.

At least try to get someone who can actually stay on the field. 

You aren’t getting someone with the upside of Eloy for $13M.  Competing next year is a pipe dream, but the best way for that to happen is Eloy becoming a 140 wRC+ hitter again and magically staying healthy.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You aren’t getting someone with the upside of Eloy for $13M.  Competing next year is a pipe dream, but the best way for that to happen is Eloy becoming a 140 wRC+ hitter again and magically staying healthy.

Another issue… do the Sox have any other qualified bat to protect Luis? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I didn't catch the postgame, does anyone know if there are any clips of this?

How embarrassing is it you got called out by the greatest hitter in the organization and a HOF player?

Probably doesn't even know who he is....like Robert and Charlie Montoyo.

Well, unlikely but not completely out of the realm of possibility with that guy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I didn't catch the postgame, does anyone know if there are any clips of this?

How embarrassing is it you got called out by the greatest hitter in the organization and a HOF player?

I've been to games and have seen Eloy on the field stretching and running with the training staff. 

• Like 1

Yet another injury due to a lack of proper strength conditioning and/or stretching/flexibility routine. There are tons of major league players who never even pull their groin muscle one time in an entire season. 

There are plenty of articles and research reports on how to help prevent groin injures. I am copying one such source from the website Action Sport Physio, which talks about 9 Tips for preventing groin strains and tears. It is obviously with Eloy's history of injuries, he either doesn't do these exercises or does them half ass.

https://actionsportphysio.com/top-9-tips-for-preventing-groin-strain#:~:text=Prior to training and competing,contributory factor to groin strains.

Here is a history of Eloy's never ending injuries:

DATE       INJURY 
7/16/23   Groin
6/8/23     Leg
5/6/23     Appendix
4/5/23     Hamstring
9/1/22     Leg
8/23/22  Elbow
8/19/22  Hamstring
7/13/22  Leg
4/23/22  Hamstring
4/13/22  Ankle
9/7/21    Knee
7/28/21  Groin
3/29/21  Pectoral
10/1/20  Foot
9/24/20  Foot
7/26/20  Light-headedness
8/22/19  Hip
7/16/19  Elbow
4/26/19  Ankle

• Hawk 1

58 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I've been to games and have seen Eloy on the field stretching and running with the training staff. 

They all stretch before the game. That is the team's initial stretching routine which is a great start to the game. However they still have to do continual stretching throughout the game to stay loose, especially right before their at bat. 

A perfect example of this was Jose Abreu. As we know he was rarely ever injured. Yes his pre-game stretching routine was extensive with the coaches. Yet throughout the game Jose would be stretching in between innings or especially right before his next at bat in the on deck circle. 

Keep in mind medical research has proven it's not just proper stretching to avoid muscle strains . There is extensive documented research that states that certain other core muscles in the lower body need to be developed properly in order to hopefully avoid muscle strains and tears.

• Fire 1

13 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

They all stretch before the game. That is the team's initial stretching routine which is a great start to the game. However they still have to do continual stretching throughout the game to stay loose, especially right before their at bat. 

A perfect example of this was Jose Abreu. As we know he was rarely ever injured. Yes his pre-game stretching routine was extensive with the coaches. Yet throughout the game Jose would be stretching in between innings or especially right before his next at bat in the on deck circle. 

Keep in mind medical research has proven it's not just proper stretching to avoid muscle strains . There is extensive documented research that states that certain other core muscles in the lower body need to be developed properly in order to hopefully avoid muscle strains and tears.

What is Eloy obviously not doing that he should be doing? I'm as frustrated as anyone he's hurt again, but to say it's all because of neglect is making a ton of assumptions. He may just have body parts that breakdown. The real sad part about this is, he's probably going to be on a major decline earlier than most.

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

What is Eloy obviously not doing that he should be doing? I'm as frustrated as anyone he's hurt again, but to say it's all because of neglect is making a ton of assumptions. He may just have body parts that breakdown. The real sad part about this is, he's probably going to be on a major decline earlier than most.

See Carlos Quentin or Avisail Garcia...

Another reason that Aaron Judge deal is so risky on the backend.

Same with Trout even....the last 3-5 years, his GP average has been steadily declining.

19 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

See Dylan Cease and his yoga/Zen Buddhism...

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Yes some of these are assumptions, but they are logical medical and athletic training assumptions. I will list several assumptions of detailed areas he might not be doing or doing well enough. One must ask themselves if Eloy is doing all he can, then why is he constantly injuring his hamstring, groin etc.?

• Do a dynamic warm-up! This is easily overlooked, but important. Prior to training and competing, ensure you perform a complete warm-up, including slow to fast movements, dynamic stretches (movement stretches) and sports-specific drills.

• Stretch the inner thigh and outer thigh muscles on a daily basis. Tight groin muscles are a large contributory factor to groin strains. Also, hamstrings should also be stretched to ensure good muscle balance.

• Regularly get manual therapy and massages from certified physiotherapists, athletic therapists or massage therapists. This will help to get the muscles flexible and break down any trigger points or scar tissue that can lead to injury.

• Learn sport-specific drills from our strength and conditioning experts to practice the change of direction and cutting maneuvers which commonly cause groin strains. This will help the muscles to adapt and become stronger at performing this kind of movement.

• Work on your core stability. Having good core and pelvic stability provides a solid base for sport-specific movements and reducing the chance of adductor strains.

• Strengthen the inner thigh muscles using weight machines and resistance bands. It is especially important to strengthen the muscles in the movement which caused the injury, to prevent a reoccurrence.

• Strengthen the lateral hip muscles, mainly the gluteal muscles. This will help with pelvic stability.

• Improve your proprioception. This is our sense of where each body part is in space and is similar to balance. Proprioception affects the way we move, especially when our balance is compromised and is therefore important in avoiding all injuries.

• Get plenty of rest and avoid over-training! If you train too much or for too long fatigue sets in, which increases the risk of injury.

I don't make this stuff up. I have access to some of this knowledge on these injuries, since one of my best friends is a college athletic trainer with a college degree in this field and having 5 different board certifications. These are just some of the things he stresses that prevent muscle strains. 

The pro Eloy camp of people here need to get off this constant making excuses for him, like he has bad luck, a fluke injury, or just not the right body type, etc. I'm sorry, but there are many baseball players that never have a groin injury the entire season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

For the 19th time, that's right DVS of the Sun-Times listed his missing in action stints since he was called up to the Sox last month in the newspaper, our guy Eloy is going to miss time "at least the next four or five days..."

Of course the Sox won't put him on the IL and play shorthanded. LOL.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2023/7/16/23796778/eloy-jimenez-exits-white-sox-game-with-groin-tightness

Please trade this stiff!

So tired of this crap.

🤡

We are all frustrated and tired of his constant injuries. I agree trade him now and whatever they can get back, they get back. This waiting until the Sox hope he has a healthy season to put up big numbers and have great trade value, is the pure definition of Insanity. The Sox will be waiting until it's too late to trade him. 

Hopefully some other organization can fix Eloy of his frequent injury problems, because the Sox surely haven't figured it out.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Yes some of these are assumptions, but they are logical medical and athletic training assumptions. I will list several assumptions of detailed areas he might not be doing or doing well enough. One must ask themselves if Eloy is doing all he can, then why is he constantly injuring his hamstring, groin etc.?

• Do a dynamic warm-up! This is easily overlooked, but important. Prior to training and competing, ensure you perform a complete warm-up, including slow to fast movements, dynamic stretches (movement stretches) and sports-specific drills.

• Stretch the inner thigh and outer thigh muscles on a daily basis. Tight groin muscles are a large contributory factor to groin strains. Also, hamstrings should also be stretched to ensure good muscle balance.

• Regularly get manual therapy and massages from certified physiotherapists, athletic therapists or massage therapists. This will help to get the muscles flexible and break down any trigger points or scar tissue that can lead to injury.

• Learn sport-specific drills from our strength and conditioning experts to practice the change of direction and cutting maneuvers which commonly cause groin strains. This will help the muscles to adapt and become stronger at performing this kind of movement.

• Work on your core stability. Having good core and pelvic stability provides a solid base for sport-specific movements and reducing the chance of adductor strains.

• Strengthen the inner thigh muscles using weight machines and resistance bands. It is especially important to strengthen the muscles in the movement which caused the injury, to prevent a reoccurrence.

• Strengthen the lateral hip muscles, mainly the gluteal muscles. This will help with pelvic stability.

• Improve your proprioception. This is our sense of where each body part is in space and is similar to balance. Proprioception affects the way we move, especially when our balance is compromised and is therefore important in avoiding all injuries.

• Get plenty of rest and avoid over-training! If you train too much or for too long fatigue sets in, which increases the risk of injury.

I don't make this stuff up. I have access to some of this knowledge on these injuries, since one of my best friends is a college athletic trainer with a college degree in this field and having 5 different board certifications. These are just some of the things he stresses that prevent muscle strains. 

The pro Eloy camp of people here need to get off this constant making excuses for him, like he has bad luck, a fluke injury, or just not the right body type, etc. I'm sorry, but there are many baseball players that never have a groin injury the entire season.

That's fine, but you're assuming he doesn't do these things. I would be willing to bet if he doesn't want to do these things, the White Sox force him to. They are paying him a lot of money. Some guys just don't have bodies that hold up all that well.

54 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

It's really an outdated concept that stretching/flexibility is the way to prevent muscle injuries. While it can help stretching has been shown to increase flexibility but not necessarily decrease injuries. The most effective way to decrease injuries is strengthening, specifically  eccentric strengthening. Here is a good metanalysis looking at over 2600 research articles. It's about hamstring injuries but it applies to all muscles. 

Overall it's the offseason conditioning that really matters not the day to day activity. The dynamic warmups are key for the daily preparation as opposed to the static stretching. They obviously aren't doing something right.

The American Journal of Sports Medicine 2023;51(7):1927–1942 DOI: 10.1177/03635465221083998

It's too big to attach. But if you do a search with the DOI number you should be able to see the article.

• Thanks 1