7/25 Game Thread: Cubs @ White Sox 7:10CT

Just now, Balta1701 said:

No, this is totally a roster one or two players away. Everyone knows that in management.

I know the White Sox won’t do this, but imagine you could get a 5 player package for Robert, 3 of whom are strong prospects from the Dodgers or Baltimore. While this is less than he’s worth, it also removes all risk of him getting hurt or pulling a Moncada. If we were being honest about our predicament, isn’t this approaching reasonable?

Not unreasonable but do you trust these guys to make that trade?

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

They quit on this season a long time ago. Every rumor out of the clubhouse is they’re all miserable 

I'm not saying I don't believe you but where are these rumors. I have heard assumptions but no real legit sources.

If I'm missing something my bad

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s really so frustrating to think of how the Sox are getting nothing positive this year from the Sale trade

Moncada was a solid player through 2021. Lucas and Cease had a few good seasons.  Lynn four good months before his extension, knee brace and playoff implosion.

The rest were complete busts. Not their fault Hahn couldn't build around them 2020-2023

Sale

• Moncada 13.9 fWAR (5 1/3 seasons)
  • Kopech 2.5 fWAR (2 2/3 seasons)

Quintana

• Cease 11.7 fWAR (3 1/2 seasons)
  • Eloy 5.7 fWAR (4 seasons)

Eaton

• Giolito 14.4 fWAR (5 1/3 seasons)
  • Lopez 7.7 fWAR (5 seasons)
  • Steak Dinner 6.7 (2 2/3 Seasons - 4.2 of which was 2021)
Edited by South Side Hit Men

1 minute ago, Polar Bear said:

Was that SB on Kopech lol. 

Grandal is just fucking terrible now and everyone can steal on him 

Terrible now? He's always been a s%*# defensive catcher. He's always been overrated because of his "pitch framing" nonsense. I've disliked him since the day he was signed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, wegner said:

Not unreasonable but do you trust these guys to make that trade?

Things no one wants to hear: kinda. You know why? Because Rick Hahn can read and interpret top prospect lists when made by outside experts. He can’t scout on his own or prepare for the draft or even work hard enough to find players to spend their international money on or do anything to help talent develop or stay healthy. But here? The MLB.com top 100 list is free. Someone else has done the hard work. It’s the only reason we made the playoffs at all.