GT 7/26: CUBS @ SOX, 7:10 pm CT, NBCSC

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

The number of people who were treating it as a given Colas would be good was completely insane to me

Not sure he's even better than Cespedes.

We tried Tatis family, Yoenis' family, Franmil Reyes' family...not working out so well.

$2.5 million for Yogurt Sanchez vs. $65k for Elly de la Cruz.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

I don't mind keeping TA because the team will very likely have no incentive to be bad. It feels very similar to a Giolito situation from last year.

Kelly has to go...or Graveman.

Roster is way too expensive still with all these cutbacks looming.

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

They’re going to need a new RF next year.  

They will have a season ticket base under 10K, majority will be team sponsors forced to buy tickets.

If I'm jerry, my 40 man roster is as many 40 guys at the $750K minimum or Arb 1 hearings, profit $150M plus, announce another rebuild and wait it out for a few years. Perhaps keep Robert for bobblehead giveaways.

Cease and Kopech are the only two Arb 2 Players, can deal both this offseason or week.

Move Moncada, Eloy, Benintendi, Graveman, Bummer and Anderson.

Hendriks is sunk cost, can have cancer events for community PR.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Agreed. TA is the exception to me as far as players who could potentially be traded away.

They think Cease, Kopech, Timmy, Eloy, Yoan, Benintendi, Burger, Vaughn and Hendriks is a strong enough core

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

They think Cease, Kopech, Timmy, Eloy, Yoan, Benintendi, Burger, Vaughn and Hendriks is a strong enough core

I would guess there are plenty in the Sox front office who don't believe that, but if Jerry won't green light another rebuild, what's the difference?

I would guess there are plenty in the Sox front office who don't believe that, but if Jerry won't green light another rebuild, what's the difference?

Yep, we know they’re not going to bring in anyone from outside the organization to make decisions.  

They don't have competent people for that unless you like rebuilds Royals style.

In Chicago and was at the game with my daughter. 0-2 on Morel and I told my daughter, they will underestimate him, groove a fastball and they will score at least two.

After it happened, my daughter asked me how I knew… I just said the Sox do what they do and never learn.

Anyway, I knew the Sox lost the game then even though it was 7-5.

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Exclude Robert & Cease and those other guys combine 1.8 fWAR.  You’d have to be absolutely insane to believe they make up a strong enough.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wegner said:

Yes I can see why someone in the playoff hunt would want Glass Joe

Let's recap Joe's wonderful night

Strikeout with Wild Pitch so runner gets to first and run scores.

Hit batter to load bases 

Walks in tying run

Walks in go ahead run

I'm sick of hearing about this guy's great stuff

I truly hope someone in the playoff hunt trades for him and I don't care what the return is

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soxfaninfl said:

In Chicago and was at the game with my daughter. 0-2 on Morel and I told my daughter, they will underestimate him, groove a fastball and they will score at least two.

After it happened, my daughter asked me how I knew… I just said the Sox do what they do and never learn.

Anyway, I knew the Sox lost the game then even though it was 7-5.

Good analysis.  Sox do not make adjustments and continually double down on bad decisions.