Riordan: Physical altercation between TA and Grandal before AS break

GGajewski18

4 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

So he thinks he addressed some attitude problems at the trade deadline? WtF is he talking about?

I think he’s saying some of the guys who were traded contributed to the problems they had. Maybe that’s true, but so far they haven’t fixed s%*#.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

So he thinks he addressed some attitude problems at the trade deadline? WtF is he talking about?

He’s indirectly suggesting those traded were dealt to improve the clubhouse. A sly way of hinting that anything they’ve said cannot be considered truthful.

Thats how I interpret Hahn speak in this instance

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

I don’t believe the Grandal/TA issue distracts from Grifol, though. If anything it’s a direct example of his players doing whatever the hell they please without repercussion. And it also implicates Hahn because, there’s no way he didn’t know of that when it happened. He should’ve sent Grandal packing.

I didn't think he was allowed to leave? He wanted to be sent packing and wasn't. 

Also, left out is why he wanted to leave.  I can think of any number of issues that will change the perception. Physical therapy? Family? Extra day of total rest to recover? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

He’s indirectly suggesting those traded were dealt to improve the clubhouse. A sly way of hinting that anything they’ve said cannot be considered truthful.

Thats how I interpret Hahn speak in this instance

Yeah my best guess is this was meant as a dig at Middleton but it's easy to read as a dig at all those guys. And IDK, I have a hard time believing Reynaldo, Giolito, or Burger were problems in the clubhouse. Lance and Joe Kelly, sure I could believe it even if I don't necessarily think they are a problem.

If you take Middleton's comments at face value, the problems are probably more about inaction than action. Maybe most players need some leadership and they're just not getting it.

• Like 4

the comments make sense when you assume they shipped out the people that weren't "pulling in the same direction", i.e. a commitment to living fat and lazy and not airing public grievances.

These guys made the mistake of wanting to win instead of just wanting to not do things that suck like attending meetings.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, bmags said:

the comments make sense when you assume they shipped out the people that weren't "pulling in the same direction", i.e. a commitment to living fat and lazy and not airing public grievances.

These guys made the mistake of wanting to win instead of just wanting to not do things that suck like attending meetings.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I didn't think he was allowed to leave? He wanted to be sent packing and wasn't. 

Also, left out is why he wanted to leave.  I can think of any number of issues that will change the perception. Physical therapy? Family? Extra day of total rest to recover? 

Yeah it crossed my mind that this story could be a one-sided thing coming from TA or someone close to him (that said, I'm more pro-TA than most around here) that omits context about why Grandal wanted to get out of town. And if it's true that he didn't ask out of the lineup, it makes the ask to leave early not as bad even if it's unseemly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bmags said:

i'm sorry guys. I'm gonna wait a bit on this one because I think Shane Riordan is a moron. He's probably going to be wrong in one aspect that makes the fact that he's wrong worse.

Truer words have never been spoken lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

I’m sure Lynn and Kelly were two of the guys who Nightengale was referring to that wanted to be traded

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Why would he be allowed to leave? The Sox had a game to play, and he was the second catcher... The all-star break starts when it starts for everyone. 

He made a comment in the interview that "the only thing I'm thinking about a day before the break is my lake house and spending time with my family, since I haven't spent enough time with them". What???

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

I’m the first one to call out TA for his bs but this is NOT one of those reason. Get rid of Grandal, how the hell can this dude still be on this team?!?

If the story is true then you're saying that TA conducted himself in a way you want someone to in a professional organization?  They sound like a pair of dimwits and both should be sent packing.

• Like 3