8/13 White Sox vs Brewers, 1:10 PM CT

Capn12

12 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

10 more losses to guarantee another losing season under Rick Hahn!

“Accountability around here is not a problem.”- Kenny Williams 4/25/23

Well...... if we deconstruct that quote, it makes a lot of sense. "Accountability" is not a problem. Similarly, "Polio" is not a problem....... neither exists within this organization. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Some of the guys who failed miserably have already been dealt, and there will be a lot more changes. I don't see how JR (and KW if he does not retire) allow Hahn,  Katz and Grifol to be brought back. Wayy too many bad decisions and a lot of inaction at critical times in the season. Meanwhile, Bummer still issuing lead-off walks in late innings and then allowing that guy to steal second ?  Bummer is only pitching now to prove he might have some trade value and that is not looking good. He can't throw strikes to a lead-off hitter late in a game so what the hell good is he as a leverage bullpen arm?

Edited by tray
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, tray said:

Some of the guys who failed miserably have already been dealt, and there will be a lot more changes. I don't see how JR (and KW if he does not retire) allow Hahn,  Katz and Grifol to be brought back. Wayy too many bad decisions and a lot of inaction at critical times in the season. Meanwhile, Bummer still issuing lead-off walks in late innings and then allowing that guy to steal second ?  Bummer is only pitching now to prove he might have some trade value and that is not looking good. He can't throw strikes to a lead-off hitter late in a game so what the hell good is he as a leverage bullpen arm?

So you trade Bummer and go to either Banks or (likely out for season Crochet) to get out lefties in high leverage?

Grifol will automatically plug them into any situation where there's a LH hitter...in the future.

So do they present better odds of getting an out?

Peralta Davila Fisher Perez at Charlotte?

Likely not.

It's the same reason Shaw is on the active roster. Like it or not he's the best remaining option to get an out unless you're going to Santos for multiple innings every time out.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Burger today for the Marlins: 3 for 5 with two RBIs including the game winner.

I hate how this organization traded away the popular players and left us with this mess. I don't begin to understand it. 

Burger trade was a mistake.  He is a popular first rounder slugger who was coming around.  We need sluggers at GRF.  He is making more contact with the Marlins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wegner said:

I'm a little late for this but what is the point of Gavin Sheets again?

I have been more patient with Sheets than others. I really thought he could contribute some power and big hits against right handed pitchers. But it's just not there for whatever reason; the pitchers seemed to have figured him out. It's time to let him go. 

When the season is over, it's time to throw him on the scrap heap of never going to be of value with Palka and Nicky Delmonico. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

I have been more patient with Sheets than others. I really thought he could contribute some power and big hits against right handed pitchers. But it's just not there for whatever reason; the pitchers seemed to have figured him out. It's time to let him go. 

When the season is over, it's time to throw him on the scrap heap of never going to be of value with Palka and Nicky Delmonico. 

Mazara as well...

32 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

I hate how this organization traded away the popular players and left us with this mess. I don't begin to understand it. 

It's like they are deliberately trying to make themselves even more unpopular to see what they can actually get away with...how far they can push it, like a certain boast of being able to shoot someone in broad daylight at the corner of 5th & Broadway.

2 minutes ago, YonderLaroche said:

I knew they'd get swept to screw cubs.  Should start sports betting.  Meanwhile jake burger walk off and hitting .317 for Miami 

And then there is Lance Lynn in LA. I never thought I would feel such a high level of disgust for this front office and ownership group!

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

1 hour ago, vilehoopster said:

"Jake Burger is the hero, the Marlins come all the way back" ~ Paul Severino, Marlins pbp guy . i'm probably watching more Marlins baseball than White Sox . i'm not getting any younger, and can wait around for this horrible team to get it's act together.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1