Fire Chris Getz

South Side Hit Men

2 hours ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

Which ones are those?

Not the ones we have now except for maybe Clevinger who when pitching is busting his butt, Andrus cares and I wouldn’t mind keeping him but only as a utility guy. I’m hoping for a bunch of new guys with a culture of hustling and winning. The first thing Getz has to do is find those kind of players and I hope he can trade for them or sign some free agents with those same attributes. 

44 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Not the ones we have now except for maybe Clevinger who when pitching is busting his butt, Andrus cares and I wouldn’t mind keeping him but only as a utility guy. I’m hoping for a bunch of new guys with a culture of hustling and winning. The first thing Getz has to do is find those kind of players and I hope he can trade for them or sign some free agents with those same attributes. 

There’s nothing in his background that leads me to the conclusion that he can find these people.

5 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

You’re not taking exchange rate into account.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=bauer-000tre

I went to the far right because that's usually ERA.

At any rate, the game I watched in July he was terrible and disinterested.

He has done much better since that start.

But it's the equivalent of the Bears bring in Mel Tucker Jr. to coach.  It's just never going to happen.

That said...they would have to win. Period.

If it backfired...they would risk losing viability as a franchise in Chicago without a new stadium plan or ownership group.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Take it FWIW, but I was talking with a dude who knew Getz well during his Michigan days.  Basically said Getz was super nice but not very smart and more or less felt we were fucked with him as our head baseball decision maker.

Hence the reason he was getting punked by Gordon “Alpha Male” Beckham.

• Haha 1

I'm not listening to anything to Getz says at this point, and that really has nothing to do with him.  Been a fan for a long time and been through countless rebuilding programs. They usually produce limited short-term results and long-term BS. Just tired of hearing all the nonsense. Results are what is important. Talk means nothing. 

• Fire 1

• 4 weeks later...

I created this thread, based on the failed putrid Jerry hiring process and Getz’ record with player development, but I’ve been please what what he has done to date and believe he is 1,000% better than the previous GM.

The US Office Producers made one mistake the first several years, and that was not to go with this, their original theme song for the show.

The Kinks’s = The Premier British Invasion Band!

23 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Didn’t know where to put this.  Not sure if a new position or a backfill, but if the former maybe Getz is trying to modernize things?  It would be nice to give Bannister a legit pitching lab.

Former Driveline intern per Boddy himself

Edited by Chicago White Sox

19 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I’ve been please what what he has done to date and believe he is 1,000% better than the previous GM.

I feel like Hahn gave up, and KW fought with any actual direction he wanted to take. I'm glad the two of them are gone, and am excited to see what kind of rebuild Getz pursues. 

24 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Didn’t know where to put this.  Not sure if a new position or a backfill, but if the former maybe Getz is trying to modernize things?  It would be nice to give Bannister a legit pitching lab.

That's pretty cool. I liked Bannister hire and Barfield. The guy from Rice I dont know about.

I know he has limits placed on him and all but I still dont like Getz apparent Limp Dick Ball strategy they seem to want to pivot too. Yes we have to get better on D and be more athletic but there has to be a couple legit savages in the lineup too. 

Then again we seem to be allergic to winning so it's not a surprise that were also allergic to savagery.