latest Getz comments...

Lip Man 1

33 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I think they go with a partial blowup, JR is too old for another major rebuild and I think he's going to open up the checkbook and sign some solid free agents while they rid themselves of some guys like TA, Eloy and a few others. I would like to see Clevinger come back and also Giolito, his heart is with the Sox and he wanted to spend the rest of his career on the Southside.

I want no part of Gio back here.

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

If he’s anywhere near Corey Seager and the White Sox are 90+ losses bad again…the fans will have to have something to look forward to.

And good hitters destroy Charlotte.

Just no point at all playing Andrus there and dumping Anderson for $1 million…especially when there is $29 million committed to Moncada and they’re going to ride that out to the end just like they did with Grandal.

Andrus is a corpse and TA is no longer an MLB SS. TA should play 2B if he stays but will he bring a bad vibe. Not sure if he belongs any more. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Paywall protected but just from the headline I'm guessing Chris doesn't want to say what's on his mind until the last game is played and it's not looking good for Tim.

I hope for Tim's sake the White Sox declines his option. He needs a fresh start with a competent organization and the Sox are going to be a mess until JR is gone. I bet he thrives with another team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

You know this team has sunk really low when you’re dreaming of the glory days of the Rick Renteria era.

Yep.

One thing Ricky (seemingly) did is to establish a culture. The players seemed to give a s%*#.

To me, this is the biggest thing that this team needs... to give a s%*#.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Quin said:

Chicago Public Media acquired them.

The Trib got bought by vultures at Aiden Capital.

If you want to support one or the other, support the Sun-Times. The Trib could get infinite money and Aiden would bleed them dry.

I believe you still need to sign in to access the Sun Times articles. I just click Show Reader in the upper left hand corner on my I Phone to get pass many paywalls including both the Sun Times and Tribune, both of which I really only use for the Sox at this point.

RIP Chicago Daily News (December 23, 1875 - March 4, 1978) Chicago's last great news paper.

The Sun Times was OK until Murdoch bought it. The Tribune is a Will County / Du Page County newspaper. The Chicago Reader and other independent news sources are what I have used since I started accessing the internet in 1997.

2 hours ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

I think Getz knows what's up. It's a rebuild without a declaration of a rebuild. 

I know a GM is supposed to be somewhat positive, but boy, I really wish that when he was asked this stuff, he gave answers that were a little more realistic. The White Sox are obviously in a messy situation, I wish he would be forthright about that. If he's asked about the state of the team and his first response is that there's a lot of players on this team that can help win the division, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth, because this is a 100 loss (or nearly so) team and it's darn hard to believe anything that starts off with talk about winning the division right now. If he is just playing to the reporters, it leaves me with an ugh because it's not honest, and if he actually believes that, it's far worse since that would be in denial about the mess in this franchise .

You can even give some credit to the guys who are here, while still stating that it's going to be a tough job. "We think we have some solid pieces here, everyone has seen what Luis Robert has done in his first all star campaign this year, Dylan Cease was a cy young award runner up last year, but at the same time a team doesn't change GMs when everything is going well. We have some talented players here, but we know we have a lot of work to do at a number of levels and we're working right now to make decisions on those topics."

• Like 2

why decline the option? the only possible "benefit" I can imagine is that it saves Reinsdorf money. either he performs better next season and you trade him for literally anything, or he expires next season and it's the same thing. they're not going to decline the option but I bet he plays more at 2b next season and they sign somebody like rosario or (100% chance of happening) adalberto mondesi

5 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I know a GM is supposed to be somewhat positive, but boy, I really wish that when he was asked this stuff, he gave answers that were a little more realistic. The White Sox are obviously in a messy situation, I wish he would be forthright about that. If he's asked about the state of the team and his first response is that there's a lot of players on this team that can help win the division, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth, because this is a 100 loss (or nearly so) team and it's darn hard to believe anything that starts off with talk about winning the division right now. If he is just playing to the reporters, it leaves me with an ugh because it's not honest, and if he actually believes that, it's far worse since that would be in denial about the mess in this franchise .

You can even give some credit to the guys who are here, while still stating that it's going to be a tough job. "We think we have some solid pieces here, everyone has seen what Luis Robert has done in his first all star campaign this year, Dylan Cease was a cy young award runner up last year, but at the same time a team doesn't change GMs when everything is going well. We have some talented players here, but we know we have a lot of work to do at a number of levels and we're working right now to make decisions on those topics."

The thing is that Getz can't call out the players and say they stink because he's going to try to trade some of these guys. I don't think Getz is stupid and has to see the same things we have seen all season.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Mighty Mite said:

The thing is that you can't call out the players and say they stink because he's going to try trading some of these guys.

In the way I wrote that I didn't call out any single player (note that he did choose to call out Anderson himself), I just noted that this season had gone very poorly (undeniable) and that they had a lot of work to do to get things turned in the right direction (which he apparently cannot acknowledge right now).

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

In the way I wrote that I didn't call out any single player (note that he did choose to call out Anderson himself), I just noted that this season had gone very poorly (undeniable) and that they had a lot of work to do to get things turned in the right direction (which he apparently cannot acknowledge right now).

I sort of mis-phrased that, I wasn't referring to you but Getz.

9 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I believe you still need to sign in to access the Sun Times articles. I just click Show Reader in the upper left hand corner on my I Phone to get pass many paywalls including both the Sun Times and Tribune, both of which I really only use for the Sox at this point.

RIP Chicago Daily News (December 23, 1875 - March 4, 1978) Chicago's last great news paper.

The Sun Times was OK until Murdoch bought it. The Tribune is a Will County / Du Page County newspaper. The Chicago Reader and other independent news sources are what I have used since I started accessing the internet in 1997.

The Sun-TImes doesn't have a paywall. It's free public media, owned by WBEZ's parent company.

They'd like you to donate, sure. But it's free. 

And I just went to their site and didn't need to sign-in. It's also a much better user experience than the horrific mess of ads it was just a few years ago.

2 hours ago, Quin said:

The Sun-TImes doesn't have a paywall. It's free public media, owned by WBEZ's parent company.

They'd like you to donate, sure. But it's free. 

And I just went to their site and didn't need to sign-in. It's also a much better user experience than the horrific mess of ads it was just a few years ago.

I didn't state it was a paywall, I stated you needed to register an account there to sign in to their website and view articles. After clicking a few of Lip's links and encountering that, I stopped clicking links as I couldn't get past that request even via the show reader apple phone selection which works for other sites.

It appears that restriction has been removed recently during their drive to try to sign up 3,000 donators. Hope they hire James Fegan to cover the Sox in the future.

12 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

But Hahn and Williams were here and they saw the same things. Either Getz( and company) is smarter than those two, JR has decided to put more money into the team or Getz is really Hahn 2 and he is just talking a good game.  We will see pretty soon if this is another rebuild or if JR is going to put up more money to turn this thing around. Because if Getz is only moving the pieces around the board we will be no better off. 

46 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

He’s done a deep dive?  Wasn’t the entire stated reasoning for hiring this clown that he wouldn’t need any catch up and an outside guy would have to do a deep dive?

Dumpster fire.

I’m super amused by the idea that the current GM and former player development director had to look closer at everything to figure out why it is 100 losses bad, as if he is first time walking through the door into an unknown team

imagining this deep dive going like the scene in Supertroopers where Ramrod keeps saying “Computer, enhance” and then typing hard into the keyboard 

• Haha 1

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7o121aeosbdxbi0gloe

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

I’m super amused by the idea that the current GM and former player development director had to look closer at everything to figure out why it is 100 losses bad, as if he is first time walking through the door into an unknown team

imagining this deep dive going like the scene in Supertroopers where Ramrod keeps saying “Computer, enhance” and then typing hard into the keyboard 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

I gotta tell you, now that he has dragged other people into the boat with him, I feel greater hope he succeeds. Otherwise this is a hostage situation he manipulated them in. Don't they know they can never leave?