2023 League Championship Series

flavum

3 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

The Cheating Cheaters of Cheaterton are officially eliminated. Fantastic.

And if Arizona wins tomorrow, MLB cannot be very happy 😆

Probably more excitement in Texas in a return to WS after a decade than watching Houston so often in the WS.

Also would be a great way to promote Carroll Marte Moreno Gallen etc.

But Phillies/Harper would obviously be the massive preference.

15 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Probably more excitement in Texas in a return to WS after a decade than watching Houston so often in the WS.

Also would be a great way to promote Carroll Marte Moreno Gallen etc.

But Phillies/Harper would obviously be the massive preference.

Like I said before, Houston would’ve drawn the hate watchers.

Philadelphia would draw the young crowd. Harper is the perfect amount of douche for the 20 something fans.

Arizona and Texas will be pretty terrible in the ratings. I don’t think anybody nationally cares about either team. I’m not even sure how they draw locally.

17 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Like I said before, Houston would’ve drawn the hate watchers.

Philadelphia would draw the young crowd. Harper is the perfect amount of douche for the 20 something fans.

Arizona and Texas will be pretty terrible in the ratings. I don’t think anybody nationally cares about either team. I’m not even sure how they draw locally.

Without Altuve and Correa and further removed from that time period...the hate has declined by at least 50%.

9 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Well, two innings away from Hot Stove for me. Will be the eighth also ran "Champion".

• 1997 Florida  - Second Place - 9 Games Back
  • 2002 Anaheim - Second Place - 4 Games Back
  • 2003 Florida - Second Place - 10 Games Back
  • 2004 Boston - Second Place - 3 Games Back
  • 2011 Saint Louis - Second Place - 6 Games Back
  • 2014 San Francisco - Second Place - 6 Games Back
  • 2019 Washington - Second Place - 4 Games Back
  • 2023 Second Place Teams
    • Texas (Garbage new MLB Tie Breaker Rule - Return Game 163 and loser goes golfing)
    • Philadelphia 14 Games Back
    • Arizona 16 Games Back

Better Luck and Health next season Jose, you played great this postseason and made Sox and Houston fans proud.

Not sure what the big deal is. Both the Rangers and Phillies have a top 4 record in their leagues. That gets them into the playoffs every year for almost the last 30 years.

I think the wild card era was the best playoff format for baseball. Do people really want to go back to the two division format where each team is automatically in the LCS? I sure don’t.

It's funny that for much of the year the story was the failure of the big budgets in Padres and Mets to lead into winning.

But the first WS team is one that jumpstarted a rebuild by getting two stars. Not $450 mill budgets, just using that young talent to take advantage of some big leaders who've proven themselves on big stages.

Great concept, imo. 

Also if you are a playoff team in July, and you don't try to trade for Max Scherzer, even if he's 50, you don't want a world series appearance imo.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, bmags said:

It's funny that for much of the year the story was the failure of the big budgets in Padres and Mets to lead into winning.

But the first WS team is one that jumpstarted a rebuild by getting two stars. Not $450 mill budgets, just using that young talent to take advantage of some big leaders who've proven themselves on big stages.

Great concept, imo. 

Also if you are a playoff team in July, and you don't try to trade for Max Scherzer, even if he's 50, you don't want a world series appearance imo.

I was critical of the Orioles who did little at the deadline despite the fact having an legitimate once in a lifetime opportunity for the majority of their fan base to experience the team winning a World Series. Instead of going for it, Orioles ownership said they will soon blow up the core because they are unwilling to pay for it, and suspended their broadcaster for telling the truth.

The bottom line is there are about 6-8 teams legitimately trying to win each season, and 20 plus teams content with being the Washington Generals and leeching off of revenue generated by the winners (revenue sharing), taxpayers (free stadiums) and cable fees (most customers abandoned MLB over the past three decades, don’t watch).

Jerry has always prioritized fielding a profitable loser, selling carrots to rubes, and privatizing profits / socializing expenses.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RibbieRubarb said:

Its a party right now in North Texas

My daughter lives in Houston, not so happy there. I was mostly pulling for the Rangers, they are the most "Sox-like" but knowing I'd be invited to a WS game in Houston would have been a great consolation prize. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I was critical of the Orioles who did little at the deadline despite the fact having an legitimate once in a lifetime opportunity for the majority of their fan base to experience the team winning a World Series. Instead of going for it, Orioles ownership said they will soon blow up the core because they are unwilling to pay for it, and suspended their broadcaster for telling the truth.

The bottom line is there are about 6-8 teams legitimately trying to win each season, and 20 plus teams content with being the Washington Generals and leeching off of revenue generated by the winners (revenue sharing), taxpayers (free stadiums) and cable fees (most customers abandoned MLB over the past three decades, don’t watch).

Jerry has always prioritized fielding a profitable loser, selling carrots to rubes, and privatizing profits / socializing expenses.

Reds conceded and didn't do much.

Is Clevinger that much of a cancer for teams to risk for 2 months?  He was the best pitcher out there on waivers.