Benetti to Tigers

BBaum21

Three new names from the previous article…

Connor Onion, who grew up in La Grange and lives in Chicago, also figures to be considered. He works for Big Ten Network and ESPN and called minor-league baseball from 2017 to 2022, including the Kane County Cougars when they were in the Diamondbacks’ system (2018-19).

Two potential candidates with name recognition are Chris and Stefan Caray, the twin sons of former Cubs announcer Chip Caray and the great-grandsons of the late Harry Caray, who called Sox and Cubs games. For the last two seasons, the identical twins have called games together for the Diamondbacks’ Double-A affiliate, the Amarillo Sod Poodles, in the Texas League. It’s unknown whether they’re a package deal or if they’re willing to work apart.

16 hours ago, fathom said:

Where does it say this is due to his disability?  If it is, then of course Boyer should be gone.

16 hours ago, reiks12 said:

To think Boyer told him that due to his condition is grasping at straws

Whether it was intended that way or not, someone with a visible disability is likely to receive the word "normal" in a specific way, and Boyer is at best ignorant for not understanding that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

That's a hatchet job by von showen.  The two facts are unrelated and he has to know how it will be read by putting them next to each other.

The biggest of Bennetti supporters would admit he has an unusual (not normal) personality.

The truth of the story is right there very early.  He left for more money and greater flexibility than the sox offered.  That truth just wasn't sufficiently sensational.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Superstar Lamar said:

That's a hatchet job by von showen.  The two facts are unrelated and he has to know how it will be read by putting them next to each other.

The biggest of Bennetti supporters would admit he has an unusual (not normal) personality.

The truth of the story is right there very early.  He left for more money and greater flexibility than the sox offered.  That truth just wasn't sufficiently sensational.  

Couldn’t agree more

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Superstar Lamar said:

Disagree, Jason wanted to be a White Sox announcer and money had nothing to do with it because he was already under contract.  It was the Sox who let him out of his contract, they could have held him to it if they really wanted him to announce games this year.   Brooks is and ass for saying that regardless of how he may have intended the comment to sound.  It sounds bad, and someone on his level of management should refrain from making a comment that could be perceived as ignorant.   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Superstar Lamar said:

I would not, actually. Not even sure what is considered a "normal" personality vs "not normal." 

Regardless, part of Brooks' job is to manage different personalities and egos. If he needs it to be a very specific type of personality, maybe he just sucks at that part of his job?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Superstar Lamar said:

He did not write that story...just saying,

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Snopek said:

I would not, actually. Not even sure what is considered a "normal" personality vs "not normal." 

Regardless, part of Brooks' job is to manage different personalities and egos. If he needs it to be a very specific type of personality, maybe he just sucks at that part of his job?

He didn't leave because of Brooks.  He left for more money and greater flexibility.  All things being equal, he would have stayed.

It's rare to have a perfect relationship with a boss.  If what is reported was the biggest complaint, that is a good working relationship

2 minutes ago, Superstar Lamar said:

He didn't leave because of Brooks.  He left for more money and greater flexibility.  All things being equal, he would have stayed.

It's rare to have a perfect relationship with a boss.  If what is reported was the biggest complaint, that is a good working relationship

Where was it reported he got a big bump? Also, his contract lets him miss 35 games. He missed 35 White Sox games in 2023. What is the greater flexibility?

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Superstar Lamar said:

He was under contract, he did not leave the Sox for more money.  The Sox chose to let him go and his talent brought more money on the open market.  Nowhere have I read or heard that Jason demanded more money.  Get a clue.

• Thanks 1

Where there's smoke there is fire. Boyer is a controversial person within the White Sox organization, he has a reputation for arrogance. Hawk, the ultimate White Sox homer, called him out in his interview with AJP saying that Boyer was ruining the organization and feeding JR his perspectives.

Benetti was certainly pushing for more schedule flexibility and more $ but the out of touch White Sox management don't understand how popular Jason was to the fans. He's not for everybody, but his PBP skills and knowledge are among the best out there. 

It should not have gotten to this point, it certainly re-enforces the image is that the Sox are not a desirable organization to work for whether its a  player, coach, announcer, etc.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, palehose1 said:

Where there's smoke there is fire. Boyer is a controversial person within the White Sox organization, he has a reputation for arrogance. Hawk, the ultimate White Sox homer, called him out in his interview with AJP saying that Boyer was ruining the organization and feeding JR his perspectives.

Benetti was certainly pushing for more schedule flexibility and more $ but the out of touch White Sox management don't understand how popular Jason was to the fans. He's not for everybody, but his PBP skills and knowledge are among the best out there. 

It should not have gotten to this point, it certainly re-enforces the image is that the Sox are not a desirable organization to work for whether its a  player, coach, announcer, etc.

I hate to generalize, especially to put a person into a group because not everyone is the same, however aren't all Golden Domers arrogant to some extent.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I hate to generalize, especially to put a person into a group because not everyone is the same, however aren't all Golden Domers arrogant to some extent.

Alas, my past experience in business certainly aligns with that generalization....

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

That’s some bullshit push him to hawk concessions…then criticizing him for not being as elegant an eater as Hahn and Boyer?

This franchise just cant get out of its own way sometimes.

So first we have allegations of his being an “abnormal personality” since he has CF, lol.

That’s some judgmental billionaire s%*# straight out of Annie…or It’s A Wonderful Life.  Should just be the Chicago Pottersvilles.

Why even have White Sox Charities when they can’t tolerate their own staff/personnel?

Edited by caulfield12

The funny thing is, I think the best part of his eating was it wasn't so elegant. It's like anyone else who eats something and has to talk. What drew Harry Caray, probably the most popular broadcaster in this city's history,  wasn't that he was some elegant guy, but was at least the illusion he was more like the people watching and listening to him.

People my age will remember Ray Rayner on WGN in the mornings.What made him so great was his art projects looked like mine would look. His trips to the zoo went like my trips interacting with the animals would go. 

I guess the White Sox want everyone ignore everything, and think they are just a step above everyone else. Maybe if they would have a reality check, they could solve some of their problems.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

The funny thing is, I think the best part of his eating was it wasn't so elegant. It's like anyone else who eats something and has to talk. What drew Harry Caray, probably the most popular broadcaster in this city's history,  wasn't that he was some elegant guy, but was at least the illusion he was more like the people watching and listening to him.

People my age will remember Ray Rayner on WGN in the mornings.What made him so great was his art projects looked like mine would look. His trips to the zoo went like my trips interacting with the animals would go. 

I guess the White Sox want everyone ignore everything, and think they are just a step above everyone else. Maybe if they would have a reality check, they could solve some of their problems.

Jerry in the Owner’s box. 

23d0c4cb72b399a9a953e7d8b8493d17.jpg

Ray Rayner wearing the Sox Cubs helmet.

Ray+Rayner+Cubs-Sox+half-half+baseball+h

My Aunt won the guess the number of jelly beans in his large jar contest and won a large Zenith television complete with a “space age” remote control back in the day where for many remote control meant getting off of your ass and flipping the knobs.

Benetti signed a 2 year contract. He wanted out of the 2nd year. The White Sox said so be it. He's gone. It was his  choice to go. I wish him the best. I'm more interested to see what the White Sox do about their TV contract. Their present local TV contract expires after the 2024 season.

Edited by WBWSF