Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

9 minutes ago, macsandz said:

It's tight now so I don't have much. Eloy's value is...down.  

Eloy’s and Zach Lavine’s. That means, it is time to enter the trade market in Chicago. I can’t imagine Cease’s value is anywhere near where it should be to make it a smart trading time either.

Edited by Chick Mercedes

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Is it a stretch to think the Braves got Kelenic to include in a package for Cease?

Isn't he still broken tho?

He had a 1.3 fwar season last year and projected for the same going forward. I'd like to think CWS FO would prefer either LAD or BAL bats to Kelenic.

They have only one real asset to trade, they need to hit a HR here, not get reclamation projects in this trade. 

9 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Is it a stretch to think the Braves got Kelenic to include in a package for Cease?

This is exactly what I was thinking. Not sure why you wouldn’t just do a three way deal if that’s the case but it’s at least worth mentioning. Kelenic still has a boatload of control. 

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

This is exactly what I was thinking. Not sure why you wouldn’t just do a three way deal if that’s the case but it’s at least worth mentioning. Kelenic still has a boatload of control. 

The braves need a LF thou

• Like 1

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

If they are gonna do a 3 way deal, why not do that with BAL and ATL?

BAL is heavy on duplicative position talent but really needs cost controlled pitching. ATL has two good close to MLB pitchers and nothing else. CWS needs a LHS and maybe also a SP.

Cease to ATL, one of those two pitchers to Chicago, one of them to BAL and Kjerstad to CWS. 

So we get a RF savage and one of ATLs pitchers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Isn't he still broken tho?

He had a 1.3 fwar season last year and projected for the same going forward. I'd like to think CWS FO would prefer either LAD or BAL bats to Kelenic.

They have only one real asset to trade, they need to hit a HR here, not get reclamation projects in this trade. 

I'm sure pretty much all of that 1.3 war was accumulated in April too because he spent the next 5 months being awful or hurt.

Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

BAL is heavy on duplicative position talent but really needs cost controlled pitching. ATL has two good close to MLB pitchers and nothing else. CWS needs a LHS and maybe also a SP.

Cease to ATL, one of those two pitchers to Chicago, one of them to BAL and Kjerstad to CWS. 

I don’t think BAL is getting involved in a Cease deal that doesn’t result in Cease being traded to BAL. This isn’t the show. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Feel like they would've just worked a 3-team deal if that was the goal 

Perhaps but the $ involved with Gonzalez and White makes that more complicated. I’m sure the Braves aren’t gonna turn around and add Kelenic to Smith-Shawver + but it’s intriguing enough to mention. 

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I don’t think BAL is getting involved in a Cease deal that doesn’t result in Cease being traded to BAL. This isn’t the show. 

I think BAL will get involved in any situation where they get a quality MLB (or very close to MLB) cost controlled SP if all it involves is giving up duplicative  positional talent that isn't deemed untouchable.

I'd be fine getting Kjerstad and one of ATLs SP prospects.

Edited by SoCalChiSox

11 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

The White Sox need an entire team other than Robert...assuming Cease is gone at some point this year and/or not extended.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The White Sox need an entire team other than Robert...assuming Cease is gone at some point this year and/or not extended.

I think we could be a solid competitive club as soon as 2025 (assuming we get to spend then), but we gotta really nail this trade and some of the young kids in AA need to be legit MLB players (CM. Ramos, Quero). 

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I think we could be a solid competitive club as soon as 2025 (assuming we get to spend then), but we gotta really nail this trade and some of the young kids in AA need to be legit MLB players (CM. Ramos, Quero). 

Still, CM and Schultz are the only Top 100 guys in the system...we saw just how far off Colas was, even though he was barely in the Top 100 on most lists at the end of last year.

The key with Ramos and any other 3B will be hitting at least .750ish as a rookie...and then there are still ultimately a ton of questions about his defensive shortcomings and if he could potentially play 2nd.

Still has a lot to prove, IMO.

35 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I think BAL will get involved in any situation where they get a quality MLB (or very close to MLB) cost controlled SP if all it involves is giving up duplicative  positional talent that isn't deemed untouchable.

I'd be fine getting Kjerstad and one of ATLs SP prospects.

BTW....Baseball Trade Values has the values as almost identical for all three teams in terms of what each is giving up vs recieving so it would be fair.

To BAL: Waldrep

To CWS: Smith-Shawver, Hjerstad

To ATL: Cease

BAL swaps out surplus OF talent for SP talent where they are thin. ATL gets Cease. CWS gets both legit position player and legit SP

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Wonder if getting Gonzales makes Cease deal less likely.  I know he stinks, but he’s still gonna be part of the rotation.  I wish Sox had done this deal for Kelenic.

Seattle wasted Kelenic to dump salary. JR wasn’t gonna eat that money. 

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic