Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

18 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Correct, I'd much prefer bats that you could plug in every day into your lineup over a pitching based return. 

While you can never have enough pitching, with one major asset to trade, getting a haul of bats back is the better value play IMO. But who knows what Getz is thinking. Or what JR or TLR are telling him to think. 

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

While you can never have enough pitching, with one major asset to trade, getting a haul of bats back is the better value play IMO. But who knows what Getz is thinking. Or what JR or TLR are telling him to think. 

This game is about scoring runs.  I’d probably feel bored with a pitching return

5 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

This game is about scoring runs.  I’d probably feel bored with a pitching return

It's more about preventing them. Pitching  wins more than hitting. Average OBP is usually around 320. So pitchers win 68% of the time. The really good ones even more. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.mlb.com/stats/team/pitching?sortState=asc

Padres and Mariners both missed the postseason

Look at the number of runs teams gave up instead of an average. The top 10 teams in runs given up all missed the playoffs. 

Pitching and defense. 

Edited by ptatc
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Simple: get 2 bats and 2 arms. If you land 2 too 100 prospects (or players who were but have 6 years of control left), get one back that is a pitcher and one a hitter.

This would be the best scenario. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Look at the number of runs teams gave up instead of an average. The top 10 teams in runs given up all missed the playoffs. 

Pitching and defense. 

9/10 in runs scored made the playoffs and the 1 that didn’t (Cubs) were eliminated on the last day. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Simple: get 2 bats and 2 arms. If you land 2 too 100 prospects (or players who were but have 6 years of control left), get one back that is a pitcher and one a hitter.

Only way we can realistically get 2 bats and 2 arms is AJSS, Waldrep, Kelenic and Grissom. 

Kelenic must be in the package if ATL wins the bidding imo. 

9 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Only way we can realistically get 2 bats and 2 arms is AJSS, Waldrep, Kelenic and Grissom. 

Kelenic must be in the package if ATL wins the bidding imo. 

I’d be shocked if Kelenic were involved. I also don’t think it’s the Braves. It would’ve been done already if it were going to be Atlanta imo. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I just don’t see them adding Kelenic with basically 3 top 100 guys.

Push comes to shove and it's only 3 pieces, dump Grissom and insist on Kelenic as the 3rd piece. He has to be in that deal along with both pitchers. Getz has broken me...im starting to accept this will be a SP heavy trade and he doesn't give a damn about savagery. I dont see it being BAL even though we all want it and even if BAL was willing to deal. Dude is all in on pitching, defense, speed and athleticism. He just doesn't care about bats. Just give me at least a little nibble of LH savagery. Just give me something left handed I can be semi excited about at this point. 

😞 

5 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I’d be shocked if Kelenic were involved. I also don’t think it’s the Braves. It would’ve been done already if it were going to be Atlanta imo. 

I also don’t get the sense the Braves will give up both AJSS and Waldrep.  They value pitching depth, especially given the injury issues with Fried and Morton.

1 minute ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

There's too much smoke here Jimmy. We're all hoping it's misdirection but it's coming from everywhere and was it Rogers who said Getz wants to go pitching heavy in this deal.

I pretty much give up at this point. 

And I don't think it would be done already if it's ATL. If they are truly desperate, then they'll be even more desperate when they are competing against the teams who lost out on Yamamoto, Snell, Montgomery etc.

If it's ATL they must get Kelenic plus both pitchers. There is no way around it. 

I'm sick and fucking tired of our lineup looking like trash against any semi-decent RHP. 

Just now, fathom said:

I also don’t get the sense the Braves will give up both AJSS and Waldrep.  They value pitching depth, especially given the injury issues with Fried and Morton.

So how is it possible that ATL could win the bidding? Seemingly everyone expects that including Bob yet I'm being told both pitchers aren't going to be part of it and I'm being told Kelenic won't be in it either.

They don't have the material otherwise. AJSS+ Grissom + Schwellenbach or whatever does not even get them into the zip code of Cease and maybe not even the same galaxy as Cease. That would be worse than the Herschel Walker trade from back in the 80s.

9 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Push comes to shove and it's only 3 pieces, dump Grissom and insist on Kelenic as the 3rd piece. He has to be in that deal along with both pitchers. Getz has broken me...im starting to accept this will be a SP heavy trade and he doesn't give a damn about savagery. I dont see it being BAL even though we all want it and even if BAL was willing to deal. Dude is all in on pitching, defense, speed and athleticism. He just doesn't care about bats. Just give me at least a little nibble of LH savagery. Just give me something left handed I can be semi excited about at this point. 

😞 

Yeah unfortunately can’t force a team to trade some of their talent. I’m kinda shocked they’re not trying to move one of Hays/Mullins/Santander for prospects to slide one of Cowser/Kjerstad to the MLB team and have more prospect depth to deal from.

4 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

So how is it possible that ATL could win the bidding? Seemingly everyone expects that including Bob yet I'm being told both pitchers aren't going to be part of it and I'm being told Kelenic won't be in it either.

They don't have the material otherwise. AJSS+ Grissom + Schwellenbach or whatever does not even get them into the zip code of Cease and maybe not even the same galaxy as Cease. That would be worse than the Herschel Walker trade from back in the 80s.

Who’s to say there aren’t guys in their system that the Sox think are underrated?  Owen Murphy, for example, could be a big piece that interests them.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Who’s to say there aren’t guys in their system that the Sox think are underrated?  Owen Murphy, for example, could be a big piece that interests them.  

Why are we being forced to accept 1 stud plus a bunch of underrated bargain bin prospects if Cease is in overwhelming demand? 

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic