Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The Hangout loves themselves some Povich.  I figured he must of had Randy Johnson like stuff before I read Tony’s scouting report on him based on the way many of the posters over there were clutching on him (not you or Frobby).

They love him because Elias has told them to love him because he made him a priority in the deal. 

There is no lack of lollipoppers and sheep on that site.  Great discussion and some really good posters who I enjoy interacting with but a lot of people who don’t think for themselves and allow what the Os to do to dictate their thoughts.

But it’s a fan site and you will get that anywhere. The enthusiasm is great but it’s just not grounded at times.

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Why not?  The Cubs are deep in outfield prospects and Madrigal is available.  Covers our 2 biggest needs realistically.

I agree with you on PCA being a target Getz could be interested in.  But explain to us why the Sox, who already dumped Madrigal once, would want him back again?  Especially when they already have damn near his clone in Nicky Lopez, who shouldn’t be a starting 2B for any major league team either?

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

I agree with you on PCA being a target Getz would be interested in.  But explain to us why the Sox, who already dumped Madrigal once, would want him back again?  Especially when they already have damn near his clone in Nicky Lopez, who shouldn’t be a starting 2B for any major league team either?

Especially when they hated his character and couldn’t wait to get rid of him

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Why not?  The Cubs are deep in outfield prospects and Madrigal is available.  Covers our 2 biggest needs realistically.

Well first of all, I highly doubt Cease is fetching a prospect rated as high as Crow-Armstrong. It’s just not likely at all.

Secondly, Madrigal doesn’t solve any need for anyone. You can get guys like Madrigal on the waiver wire all the time.

The Os could send you Ramon Urias, who won a GG at third in 2022 and can play all 4 IF positions. He has a little pop in his bat in his bat, will take a walk and was worth 2.7 fWAR in 2022.  But even if he was a player the WS got back, he doesn’t solve a need and he’s way better than Madrigal has been.

Edited by Sports Guy

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Getz is still likely asking for the moon.  But is it shocking that there is no trade market for our oft-injured no glove expensive DH?  The Sox need to throw away all of his outfielder gloves, tell him he’s a full-time DH whether he likes it or not, see if he can hit 20 homers by the deadline without tearing his ACL and MCL running to first base, and deal him as quickly as possible before he inevitable hits the injured list.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Other than running his mouth about getting 3000 hits or whatever, what character issues did Madrigal have here?

*puts an ear muff over @poppysox ears so he won't have to hear how his hero is even more of a joke than we thought*

Only 2,781 more hits to go!  What a 🤡.

https://www.nbcsportschicago.com/mlb/chicago-white-sox/sox-rib-nick-madrigal-with-mr-3000-t-shirts/168271/?amp=1

IMG_5350.jpeg

Edited by WhiteSox2023

11 minutes ago, fathom said:

Don’t mind holding out for Cease, have to maximize the return as much as possible, if the guys like Kjerstad aren’t on the table don’t move him, as much as other fanbases may not agree, Cease is a top of the rotation arm and should net the proper return. Not saying he’s Sale but he’s gonna be a Cy young candidate next season 

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic