Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

31 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Check back every 5 pages. I find it's essentially the same conversation again. 

Orioles fans telling Sox fans what prospects they are not receiving, as if they were the GM.

Orioles fans thinking that there are plenty of other starting pitching options than Cease that they can acquire, even though their only acquisition this offseason has been Kimbrel for $10 million and their owner is notoriously cheap.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Paper Bag 1

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

Orioles fans telling Sox fans what prospects they are not receiving, as if they were the GM.

Orioles fans thinking that there are plenty of other starting pitching options than Cease that they can acquire, even though their only acquisition has been Kimbrel for $10 million.

Don’t forget Orioles fans stating why they are our best option because of their better prospects. And then stating those prospects are off the table. Seemingly thinking that hypothetical offers beat real offers. 

3 minutes ago, Sox72 said:

Don’t forget Orioles fans stating why they are our best option because of their better prospects. And then stating those prospects are off the table. Seemingly thinking that hypothetical offers beat real offers. 

And don’t forget WS fans with a total lack of ability to comprehend what is being said.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Orioles fans thinking that there are plenty of other starting pitching options than Cease that they can acquire, even though their only acquisition this offseason has been Kimbrel for $10 million and their owner is notoriously cheap.

You know that there are a lot of starting pitching options that have a far lesser salary than Cease right?  You do comprehend that easy thought, correct?

And I’m sorry, I have heard nothing on this board but Sox fans telling me what they will and will not take for Cease. I guess the WS are going with a GM by committee thing since you are all saying that?

Edited by Sports Guy

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

I mean, how many real Os rumors have there been?  Seems like the most real rumor is the Reds.

All we hear about the Os is that they are interested but not much beyond that.

No, there really hasn't been a peep about Baltimore's interest since last trade deadline. I'm just tired of rereading the same arguments and pining for prospects that will never be traded here.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea, he’s not an elite level prospect.  He is possible although I would be surprised if Elias moved him.

Sweet mostaccioli, he's the one you said would be too much.

At this rate, I'd be shocked if you'd move the fans that attended the game on April 29, 2015.

I’m not here to fight with White Sox fans or call anyone names.   Nor am I here to tell you what Elias will or won’t do.  I’m just here to give you my impressions and get your reactions to what I think would be reasonable offers from the Orioles that they might realistically do.  

My view is that Elias and Getz won’t get close to their bottom line for at least another two weeks.  I doubt Elias has put a deal involving Kjerstad/Cowser and Ortiz/Norby on the table just yet.   And I doubt Getz has made any demand that isn’t at least two prospects that good or better and two other very good pieces.  So, we’ll see how it goes.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

No, there really hasn't been a peep about Baltimore's interest since last trade deadline. I'm just tired of rereading the same arguments and pining for prospects that will never be traded here.

If you paid attention to the leaks - we had a ton of them early that were “Cease is 90% likely to be moved” and “look at the great offers were Getzing”. About the only name attached was Atlanta. 

Then we had “The Reds asked but the price was too high”.

The first batch was all the White Sox leaking to friendly reporters because they thought it would drive interest! The Reds article was a bit of triage after no one wanted to pay that kind of price.

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Reds have to be out after getting Montas.  Montas was in play for Yankees, so I think this moves them way up for Cease.

Nightengale said this morning Yankees are checking in on Cease, price is high understandably so but the Yanks are involved as I’m sure the Red Sox are as well as many others who haven’t made public yet. 

2 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

Nightengale said this morning Yankees are checking in on Cease, price is high understandably so but the Yanks are involved as I’m sure the Red Sox are as well as many others who haven’t made public yet. 

I still feel the Red Sox are the team you guys may get to pay the most. It’s not a very smart org right now and they are desperate.

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

I still feel the Red Sox are the team you guys may get to pay the most. It’s not a very smart org right now and they are desperate.

I hope you’re right. Would love Anthony. Funny thing, the Sox were rumored to be higher in both Clifford and Anthony than the industry. They drafted neither and turned out to be right.  That’s why Jacob Gonzalez is such a head scratcher. Their scouts are not awful, and yet…

24 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

It sure does seem like pining for Oriole prospects is more useless than pining for Jerry to sell....neither is happening.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I hope you’re right. Would love Anthony. Funny thing, the Sox were rumored to be higher in both Clifford and Anthony than the industry. They drafted neither and turned out to be right.  That’s why Jacob Gonzalez is such a head scratcher. Their scouts are not awful, and yet…

Hold out for for Meyer. I really could see the Sox moving him.

I told @Chicago White Sox on our board before that I thought Meyer was the one highly ranked prospect I could see being moved because I think the Red Sox are just that desperate.  Maybe they will sign Snell or Montgomery (I think Monty is A mistake but whatever) and alleviate some of their concerns but that’s a team I could see taking advantage of.

I think the Giants could also be that team in the NL too.

3 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

Reds gave Montas $16 mil… Cease asking price is gonna remain high throughout the offseason

Wow. Montas is the ultimate crapshoot. He’s priced there at 2 WAR, he could give you 3-4, but he also has a serious chance of nothing. Interesting.

22 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m not here to fight with White Sox fans or call anyone names.   Nor am I here to tell you what Elias will or won’t do.  I’m just here to give you my impressions and get your reactions to what I think would be reasonable offers from the Orioles that they might realistically do.  

My view is that Elias and Getz won’t get close to their bottom line for at least another two weeks.  I doubt Elias has put a deal involving Kjerstad/Cowser and Ortiz/Norby on the table just yet.   And I doubt Getz has made any demand that isn’t at least two prospects that good or better and two other very good pieces.  So, we’ll see how it goes.  

It's cool bro....im glad you and @Sports Guy are here. 

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Hold out for for Meyer. I really could see the Sox moving him.

I told @Chicago White Sox on our board before that I thought Meyer was the one highly ranked prospect I could see being moved because I think the Red Sox are just that desperate.  Maybe they will sign Snell or Montgomery (I think Monty is A mistake but whatever) and alleviate some of their concerns but that’s a team I could see taking advantage of.

I think the Giants could also be that team in the NL too.

Give me Anthony over Mayer every day of the week. Don’t want to make another mistake like taking Moncada over Devers just because he was more highly rated.

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic