Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Couple of recent media mentions:

- Heyman says Orioles make sense, but they’re far apart in talks

- Levine again mentions Cease as a possibility for the Cubs

Robert Murray also said he expects Cease to be dealt but it’s no longer a certainty, but thinks Eloy isn’t going anywhere (which isn’t much of a surprise).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Woo is the only guy I could see the M's trading. They need a 3B or RF. What do you think is a fair trade?

The stuff I read said SS, DH, and COF . The place to start would be to see if they are interested in any of our veterans. Say Ortiz, Hays, and Urias or Norby.

23 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

but they have bats.  They have some really good bats.  

Jett Williams and Houck please.

I still wonder about makeup with Jett. Dude looked like an absolute scumbag at draft time. Looks can be deceiving though?

Just now, Rolle Tide said:

The stuff I read said SS, DH, and COF . The place to start would be to see if they are interested in any of our veterans. Say Ortiz, Hays, and Urias or Norby.

I follow the M's closely as my 2nd team. They dumped their starting 3B & LF, and their RF is FA. They don't need SS. Cal Raleigh probably gets a few starts at DH when he's not behind the plate, and I foresee more of a rotating position. 3B and RF are legit needs, and they need offense from both spots.

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

I follow the M's closely as my 2nd team. They dumped their starting 3B & LF, and their RF is FA. They don't need SS. Cal Raleigh probably gets a few starts at DH when he's not behind the plate, and I foresee more of a rotating position. 3B and RF are legit needs, and they need offense from both spots.

Ok so Hays, Urias fill those two holes. If they aren’t interested in Ortiz then I’d offer Norby and an additional prospect. 

Or Cowser for Woo and an additional prospect Emerson, Gonzales, or Locklear.

6 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Jett Williams and Houck please.

I still wonder about makeup with Jett. Dude looked like an absolute scumbag at draft time. Looks can be deceiving though?

Don't forget about Baty and Vientos too.  The Mets are in.  Not as heavy as the Yankees but they're definitely in.

I haven't heard anything good or bad about Williams makeup.  

2 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

Ok so Hays, Urias fill those two holes. If they aren’t interested in Ortiz then I’d offer Norby and an additional prospect. 

Woo is worth more than Cowser

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Don't forget about Baty and Vientos too.  The Mets are in.  Not as heavy as the Yankees but they're definitely in.

I haven't heard anything good or bad about Williams makeup.  

Can we dump Moncada on them? :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

M’s are cutting costs. I doubt they take on Baltimore’s veteran castoffs.  Near-ready prospects to add to Julio’s team control make way more sense. 

Sherman has a really good article on the Yankees situation (doesn’t sound like they love Snell or Montgomery, but know they need to add a frontline starter) with the following burb on Cease:

“The White Sox are more likely to move Dylan Cease, but they see the soaring pitching contracts in free agency and the concurrent desperation among teams. So the “three premium prospects” ask was so high that, for example, the Braves decided to take the risk of acquiring the injury-bedeviled Chris Sale instead.”

https://nypost.com/2024/01/04/sports/mlb-free-agency-yankees-may-have-to-settle-to-fill-out-rotation/

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

M’s are cutting costs. I doubt they take on Baltimore’s veteran castoffs.  Near-ready prospects to add to Julio’s team control make way more sense. 

They wouldn't have dumped Teoscar if that was going to be the plan...regurgitated again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

And I can tell you as both a Packers fan (team that has contended almost every year for the past three decades) and a Sox fan (team that rarely contends), nothing compares to the 2005 World Series championship season. I wouldn’t trade that for the entire post-SB Rodgers era where they made the playoffs 9 years including 4 NFC championship games. It’s hard to explain unless you’ve experienced it.

Hate to tell you this: I’m old.  Old enough to experience the Orioles winning the Series three times.  Old enough to have watched the Baltimore Colts win the Super Bowl.  And I went to Duke BEFORE Coach K was there and I’ve seen them win 5 NCAA championships.  So, I do know exactly what it’s like.  And I’m telling you, I’d rather have been a Rays fan over the last 16 years than a Royals fan, even though the Royals won a WS once in that time and Tampa has fallen short repeatedly.  Because the Royals have had way too many seasons in that stretch where they’ve been utterly irrelevant, and that’s the worst feeling there is.   

Like I said, I know not all fans feel that way.  But I do.  The baseball season lasts six months and I want to enjoy that half a year every year more than I want one trophy.  

• Like 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic