Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

4 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Orioles fans I’ve talked to agree. That’s why I think the headliner isn’t the issue here. 

I definitely think it’s possible both Kjerstad and Cowser are off the table. Westburg makes more sense for the Os and his value should be very similar.

9 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I definitely think it’s possible both Kjerstad and Cowser are off the table. Westburg makes more sense for the Os and his value should be very similar.

If he’s the headliner the Sox should just keep Cease for now, and this is coming from someone who hates the idea of risking injury/under performance with him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

A mega package of any 8 prospects outside of the top 5 works too. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe I’m alone but I’m fine with Kjerstad, Beavers, Horvath and McDermott 

I think Beavers is a an underrated 2nd piece, he’s got the tools to be at least a borderline all-star. 20/20 hitting .270 with a .850 OPS and really solid D in either corner. 

(fully expecting Orioles fans to say this is too much)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

So here’s my thought on this: I’d prefer Westburg as the headliner if I could also get Beavers and McDermott in the deal. I just don’t really have any interest in Joey Ortiz.  

The only interest I would have in Ortiz is that it would prevent us from having to watch either DeJong or Lopez play.  🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Snopek said:

Surprised to see greg posting over at the orioles hangout board. Either that or someone made a very accurate greg parody account.

Seriously…how hard can it be. 

2 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Well...logically if the top piece is settled the second piece is also settled cause they have to move at least one of Norby/Ortiz cause there's no space so I don't see an issue from their perspective there.

So then that means the holdup is the third piece. They want one of  Povich, Beavers or Bradfield (Robert trade next year?) and Elias is saying no to any of them as the third piece.

So basically it's a staredown over the third piece.

Is that right @Y2Jimmy0?

Beavers and Bradfield (who isn’t likely on the table) aren’t third pieces.

2 hours ago, Snopek said:

Surprised to see greg posting over at the orioles hangout board. Either that or someone made a very accurate greg parody account.

The guy who asked about trading Cease for Gunnar Henderson or Adley Rutschman because he hates rebuilds?  Orioles fans called him a troll immediately.

43 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

If he’s the headliner the Sox should just keep Cease for now, and this is coming from someone who hates the idea of risking injury/under performance with him. 

Westburg has very similar upside to those guys and plays a more premium position.

11 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Beavers and Bradfield (who isn’t likely on the table) aren’t third pieces.

Who is on the table again?  Just want to make sure I’m keeping up.

1. Holiday => Untouchable
  2. Basallo => Untouchable
  3. Mayo => Untouchable
  4. Kjerstad => Might be needed next year
  5. Cowser => Might be needed next year
  6. Ortiz
  7. Bradfield => Needed to replace Mullins
  8. Beavers
  9. McDermott => Can’t give up pitching depth
  10. Horvath
  11. Norby
  12. Tavera
  13. Povich => Can’t give up pitching depth
  14. Deleon
  15. Lirenzo
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1
  • Fire 3

59 minutes ago, bmags said:

IMO all right fielders are guys fit into the position

I'm referring to a player with range and a rightfields arm.  In other words...not someone like Sheets. This talk of getting a right fielder more suited to first base or DH.

Just now, Whisox05 said:

So sounds like only Ortiz is on the table lol

No, that’s not true at all. You guys keep saying that but that’s because you are fixated on a little number put in front of them by some ranking service.

Westburg has similar value to the other 2 and at a more premium position.

If reporting is accurate than it sounds like the WS like Westburg, which makes sense. He has a good bat and plays good defense.

But I don’t think players they just drafted and have barely seen(or not seen at all) are on the table right now. I mean it’s possible but I’m just thinking they wouldn’t move guys like Bradfield, Horvath and maybe even Baumeister.  

A deal to Westburg, Beavers and Povich is strong…if another guy that is like a B-/C+ player also needs to be added, so be it but that offer is strong.  We have some on our board that are just as happy relying on Beavers long term as Cowser or Kjerstad.

I’m a Beavers fan (that’s what she said) but the other 2 are more ready right now. In some ways, Beavers actually makes more sense for your situation. 

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t buy Westburg’s upside is the same as Kjerstad’s.

That’s fine..you are wrong but that’s fine.

Kjerstad’s lack of position and potentially poorish defense brings down his overall value.

Kjerstad has a higher offensive upside for sure though. 

9 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

3. Mayo => Untouchable
  6. Ortiz
  8. Beavers
  10. Horvath
  11. Norby
  12. Tavera
  14. Deleon
  15. Lirenzo

Btw, no one is untouchable and many of these guys would be on the table for some players…but Cease isn’t one of them for many of these guys. 

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

3. Mayo => Untouchable
  6. Ortiz
  8. Beavers
  10. Horvath
  11. Norby
  12. Tavera
  14. Deleon
  15. Lirenzo

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

No, that’s not true at all. You guys keep saying that but that’s because you are fixated on a little number put in front of them by some ranking service.

Westburg has similar value to the other 2 and at a more premium position.

If reporting is accurate than it sounds like the WS like Westburg, which makes sense. He has a good bat and plays good defense.

But I don’t think players they just drafted and have barely seen(or not seen at all) are on the table right now. I mean it’s possible but I’m just thinking they wouldn’t move guys like Bradfield, Horvath and maybe even Baumeister.  

A deal to Westburg, Beavers and Povich is strong…if another guy that is like a B-/C+ player also needs to be added, so be it but that offer is strong.  We have some on our board that are just as happy relying on Beavers long term as Cowser or Kjerstad.

I’m a Beavers fan (that’s what she said) but the other 2 are more ready right now. In some ways, Beavers actually makes more sense for your situation. 

@Chicago White Sox looks like you need to update that list….

• Haha 4

The other thing is, a deal of like Westburg, Beavers, Povich and maybe another player is going to be the best deal on the table. 

You guys keep saying “we aren’t including the top guys”.  First of all, i do agree that Cowser or Kjerstad should be on the table but if they want to keep them and trade out of the depth of the IF, I’m thinking that the deal won’t be beat.  If it’s the best deal, why trade more?

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

The other thing is, a deal of like Westburg, Beavers, Povich and maybe another player is going to be the best deal on the table. 

You guys keep saying “we aren’t including the top guys”.  First of all, i do agree that Cowser or Kjerstad should be on the table but if they want to keep them and trade out of the depth of the IF, I’m thinking that the deal won’t be beat.  If it’s the best deal, why trade more?

That offer may be reasonable, depending on the fourth player.  I just don’t know how anyone can say who is available outside of Holliday.  I’m sure Elias has specific guys that aren’t a part of his plans, but none of us know who those players are.

10 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

How do you know this?  Do you have Elias on speed dial?

Is this a question that is supposed to advance any conversation?

How do you know Getz won’t trade Cease for Mountcastle, Wagner and Wells?  Is he on your speed dial?

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic