Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

3 hours ago, FT35 said:

I was once told that great players were never blocked.  I’m looking forward to seeing the O’s start multiple players at certain positions on any given night.

Not true.

Perhaps Jimmy was right. Maybe we should just focus on a quantity package with BAL at this point because of the various issues involved with the top prospects or perhaps just focus on using BAL as a scare tactic for other clubs.

IMO Getz top priority should be NYY. 

Harold suggested LAD are still in it but indicated when they were offering Busch earlier, they refused to add a pitcher. 

IMO, most of us wanted a 3 headliner package (because all their guys have significant flaws) of like SP, Busch and Pages, but if they were only offering 1, it seems unlikely a deal can be had. Even a compromise at 2 doesn't seem to work.

SP plus Pages doesn't address the LHS need.

A SP plus Rushing is kind of duplicative with Quero who is closer to MLB than Rushing and I think Getz wants to actually address other spots. 

Two SPs means 2B and RF are still a black hole.

LAD doesn't look like a fit anymore. 

It's NYY, maybe STL in the background, BOS if they are willing to deal from their top 3 or a quantity package from BAL including Beavers, Bradfield, Horvath, Povich, McDermott and another prospect. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Perhaps Jimmy was right. Maybe we should just focus on a quantity package with BAL at this point because of the various issues involved with the top prospects or perhaps just focus on using BAL as a scare tactic for other clubs.

Harold suggested LAD are still in it but indicated when they were offering Busch earlier, they refused to add a pitcher. 

IMO, most of us wanted a 3 headliner package (because all their guys have significant flaws) of like SP, Busch and Pages, but if they were only offering 1, it seems unlikely a deal can be had. Even a compromise at 2 doesn't seem to work.

A SP plus Rushing is kind of duplicative with Quero who is closer to MLB than Rushing and I think Getz wants to actually address other spots. 

It's NYY, maybe STL in the background, BOS if they are willing to deal from their top 3 or a quantity package from BAL including Beavers, Bradfield, Horvath, Povich, McDermott and another prospect. 

Who’s this Liranzo guy? Very young, I’m intrigued.

59 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Baltimore isn’t going to give up six prospects for Cease.  I also think they are going to be very cautious on giving up a ton of outfielders & pitching.  As such, I don’t think you’re getting Beavers & Bradfield.  I also don’t think you’re getting both McDermott & Povich.

Personally, if Westburg is the main piece they’re offering, then Beavers needs to be included in the deal.  I think another top 10ish prospect plus one semi interesting lottery ticket is fair.  I’d want McDermott or Horvath as the third piece.  The lottery ticket can’t be a total nothing either…ideally a recent LatAm signing sitting in their 20’s.

It’s not a stellar package by any means, but I 100% wouldn’t accept anything less than that.

15 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Baltimore isn’t going to give up six prospects for Cease.  I also think they are going to be very cautious on giving up a ton of outfielders & pitching.  As such, I don’t think you’re getting Beavers & Bradfield.  I also don’t think you’re getting both McDermott & Povich.

Personally, if Westburg is the main piece they’re offering, then Beavers needs to be included in the deal.  I think another top 10ish prospect plus one semi interesting lottery ticket is fair.  I’d want McDermott or Horvath as the third piece.  The lottery ticket can’t be a total nothing either…ideally a recent LatAm signing sitting in their 20’s.

It’s not a stellar package by any means, but I 100% wouldn’t accept anything less than that.

As between...

BAL: Westburg, Beavers, McDermott, lottery ticket in the 20s (4)

Or:

NYY: Jones, Hampton/Warren, Lalane/Vivas (3)

I'm inclined to go with the latter. 

9 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

As between...

Or:

Yankees EASY here (with Hampton). Not particularly close.  If that's the BAL offer for Cease, I hold him until the trade deadline.

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

1 minute ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Yankees EASY here (with Hampton). Not particularly close.  If that's the BAL offer for Cease, I hold him until the trade deadline.

Yeah I think if NYY puts both Jones and Hampton on the table, it will be difficult for BAL to win the bidding. 

Cashman right now is apparently saying no to Jones and Dominguez and i assume he is saying Hampton is the headliner. I expect as we get closer to ST, they will say ok you can have Jones but no Hampton (Warren) and then right as we get to the edge of ST, they will put both on the table and it will be up to Getz to determine if he really wants to haggle over the third piece or not. 

6 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

As between...

Or:

I probably would too…just more ceiling with the Yankee’s package.  However, if our scouts feel that Beavers can be a league average RF and McDermott a mid-rotation starter then that’s a potentially great return even without a potential impact player in the mix.  And for the record, I think Westburg has a very high probability of being to 2 to 2.5 win player for the next six years.  How much he can go above that projection is the question and that really comes down to how much of his plus raw power can be tapped into.  If he ends up being a 25 HR hitter, then you’re potentially looking at a 4 win player with his broader skillset.

1 hour ago, oldsox said:

Not true.

Ok good.  It was in this thread that I was instructed to believe that great players are NEVER blocked.  Maybe that just meant great Orioles players are never blocked!  😂. It only happens to the other mortal teams!

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic