Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I’m not even going to bother to look at that site but I truly hope their fans aren’t this clueless.  A 29 year old Santander making $11.7 million in 2024 is about the last player they would want in the return for Luzardo, or any of their players.

They're so anxious to trade the vets to keep the kids, failing to recognize that their vets have a fraction of the trade value the prospects do. One good season and they're drunk on their own koolaid.

• Like 1

Just now, Tnetennba said:

They're so anxious to trade the vets to keep the kids, failing to recognize that their vets have a fraction of the trade value the prospects do. One good season and they're drunk on their own koolaid.

Yes, I like how almost every proposal is like something out of Madden or The Show.  Let me give you the players I don’t need that are either blocked or old and expensive for exactly what my team needs.

Maybe throw in Joey Ortiz with Santander and the Marlins will accept!  🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Yes, I like how almost every proposal is like something out of Madden or The Show.  Let me give you the players I don’t need that are either blocked or old and expensive for exactly what my team needs.

Maybe throw in Joey Ortiz with Santander and the Marlins will accept!  🤣

And that’s EXACTLY how the thread started lol

51BD214D-95B2-4F2E-B59D-4AEC66459A29.jpeg

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

And that’s EXACTLY how the thread started lol

51BD214D-95B2-4F2E-B59D-4AEC66459A29.jpeg

Greatest analysis ever here — “Mateo (they need a SS)”

Apparently the Marlins need an absolutely horrible shortstop.  Quick Getz, call the Marlins and see what they will give you for Nicky Lopez!

He also thinks the Orioles have a shot at signing Bellinger to a 2-year, $50 million dollar deal.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

Maybe not in these proposed ways, but i could see the Orioles trading Santander. they dont like to pay that last big arb year, i'm sure. that's how they operate. Even though theyre win now i can see them weaseling out of it and selling it to the fanbase somehow if it involves a pitcher coming in

15 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

Yeah they’re trippin over there now, if I’m the Marlins GM and that’s their offer I’m deleting Mike Elias’ phone number. Mayo/Basallo headline. 

No doubt about it. Luzardo starts with Mayo/Basallo. But clearly they think the spare parts package is good enough lol

23 minutes ago, Fielder Jones said:

Maybe not in these proposed ways, but i could see the Orioles trading Santander. they dont like to pay that last big arb year, i'm sure. that's how they operate. Even though theyre win now i can see them weaseling out of it and selling it to the fanbase somehow if it involves a pitcher coming in

which would be CRAZY to count on that many young prospects.  Santander is one of the only guys who has  track record

4 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

This also tells you the market for all players is not nearly as hot as before 2023.

If it's the RSN thing causing less spending ,wouldn't you think that Cease being fairly inexpensive would work to the Sox advantage ?

I understand it also might make prospects more valuable also but I would also think your older and defensively challenged types prospects will start to lose some of their value too. I think that's why the Dodgers acted on Busch.

4 minutes ago, macsandz said:

They're probably still talking with ATL for AJSS and Kelenic but I don't see it going anywhere  

I do not see this organization being the one to "unlock" Kelenic. I think that would be a disaster.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Fielder Jones said:

Santander's best return would be prospects. No team looking for a right fielder for 2 years is going to trade someone from their current rotation. They'd be getting prospects to replenish their pipeline after trading  for Cease or another starter.

1 minute ago, almagest said:

I do not see this organization being the one to "unlock" Kelenic. I think that would be a disaster.

He seemed to be putting it together before he kicked a cooler and broke his foot. The later might give them pause, but who knows.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, almagest said:

Santander's best return would be prospects. No team looking for a right fielder for 2 years is going to trade someone from their current rotation. They'd be getting prospects to replenish their pipeline after trading  for Cease or another starter.

But who is really going to give up higher end prospects for Santander?

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

But who is really going to give up higher end prospects for Santander?

He's a good player with 2 arb years remaining. You'd get a decent package - not enough to make up for a good pitcher, but some solid pieces.

44 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Some team is going to have to bite on Cease at $20 million or so for 2 years if a closer can cost 5-years and $95 million.

Shhh.  That huge benefit is not allowed to be factored into Cease’s value.  

11 minutes ago, macsandz said:

They're probably still talking with ATL for AJSS and Kelenic but I don't see it going anywhere  

I love AJSS. High ceiling and made a big jump on the BA and MLB updated prospect lists. I’m not sure about Kelenic though. I’d rather avoid him especially with his arb clock well started by now. I’d love a deal headlined by AJSS and Waldrep but doubt Braves would part with both, especially after trading for Sale.

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Are you actually saying Dean Kremer is the best #4 starter in baseball?  I’m sorry, but that’s an absolutely terrible take.  And you have by far the worst #3 starter of any real competitor.  You aren’t living in reality if you believe this.

No, I’m saying most teams (if any) don’t have 4 starters better than Kremer.  That’s an absolute fact.

And again, I’m not a big Kremer fan. I want to deal him and most Os fans think that’s crazy but his actual performance since the second half of 2022 is pretty solid.

Edited by Sports Guy

14 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

He seemed to be putting it together before he kicked a cooler and broke his foot. The later might give them pause, but who knows.

Maybe. His sustained period of being dreadful really gives me pause though.

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic