Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

23 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Also, apparently we are engaged in talks with Michael Lorenzen as a potential Cease replacement, so it sounds like s%*# has turned up a notch.

I do not like that Rangers package at all though.

Sign JD Martinez....instant contender in this division if they keep Jimenez too.

• Haha 1

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

They have Carter (21) Tavarez (25) and Garcia (30) in the OF.  

They’re totally stacked there, I agree. I just would imagine he could headline for a better guy than Cease..

have you heard he could be a possibility?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

I do really like Snelling.

Preller is just as desperate if not moreso than Cashman.  He has fired or pushed out three managers now and counting.

Has the Top 5-6 MiLB system to trade from...

Merrill is pretty much the only untouchable, along with Salas.

Jackson off to Seoul for LAD Opening Series.  Another gutsy call giving up a year of control again.

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Duran being a key piece of a Cease trade makes no sense to me.  The versatility is nice, but a RH hitter with zero discipline is the last thing we need to kick off our rebuild.

Porter is a nice SP prospect but not good enough to be the other big piece if paired with Duran.  I’m ok with Leiter as a secondary piece assuming Bannister is pushing for him, but again, not overly exciting when combined with the top two pieces.  Very meh package to me.

I think the idea is you're buying low on a guy who was the #2 pick. Porter certainly has reliever risk, but also mid-rotation upside if they think they can get him to develop some control. The sweeper he added is supposedly a decent weapon. 

2 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I think the idea is you're buying low on a guy who was the #2 pick. Porter certainly has reliever risk, but also mid-rotation upside if they think they can get him to develop some control. The sweeper he added is supposedly a decent weapon. 

#2 pick?

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yankees fans are delusional on what Cease would cost.  One dude on Pinstripe Alley said he wouldn’t give up any of their top 10 prospects, but would consider anyone else in the farm.  May need to go recruit some friendly New Yorkers to get some real discussion going here.

One of my good friends is a Yankees fan. Says he doesn't want Cease. He's only a #4 starter. He would rather Will Warren take Cole's spot. Said all he would offer the Sox is Rizzo. 😆😆

Also said he would rather face Cease than have him on his team. He is totally delusional.

• Haha 2
  • TLR 1

2 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Hasn’t lieter pretty much been a disaster form day 1?

15 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Duran being a key piece of a Cease trade makes no sense to me.  The versatility is nice, but a RH hitter with zero discipline is the last thing we need to kick off our rebuild.

Porter is a nice SP prospect but not good enough to be the other big piece if paired with Duran.  I’m ok with Leiter as a secondary piece assuming Bannister is pushing for him, but again, not overly exciting when combined with the top two pieces.  Very meh package to me.

You're being overly generous.

The Rosenthal Rangers package is hot garbage.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Hasn’t lieter pretty much been a disaster form day 1?

He hasn't been very good, but perhaps Bannister sees something? If you could get him as a second piece, it wouldn't be the worst strategy if no one else is matching your initial ask. I'm not over thrilled with him, but he was a top draft prospect not very long ago.

3 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I'd take Leiter in a minute.  They tried to change the shape of his fastball and fucked him up.  Then they tried damage control and fucked him up even more. I'd let him to go back to how he was in college and let him throw the s%*# out of it again. 

And what about free swinging Duran?

6 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I'd take Leiter in a minute.  They tried to change the shape of his fastball and fucked him up.  Then they tried damage control and fucked him up even more. I'd let him to go back to how he was in college and let him throw the s%*# out of it again. 

Carson Fulmer? 

Why not Rocker?

Edited by caulfield12
  • Thanks 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic