White Sox Finalists for Fedde

Chicago White Sox

Just now, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

He was quite good in the KBO last year - won MVP and their equivalent to the Cy Young Award. But it's still the KBO...

2 years 10 mil sounds like a lot for a guy who last pitched in the KBO before leaving the MLB w almost a 6 ERA.

3 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

Sigh….it’s gonna be a long couple years 

I mean probably, but this is the type of guy you make a small bet on because if it works it actually creates value (think Merrill Kelly).  And if not, it’s a dude that can soak up innings in a lost season.  Not much downside risk if the price around 2/$10M.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

And if you’re Fedde, you 100% sign with the White Sox if the money is the same as you will get a lot longer here than in New York.

By contrast, to the extent that there's a few things in his game that haven't gotten wrecked yet, we will take care of that here.

He should go to NY, where there's a real pitching lab infrastructure and legit coaches, oh and it's not a fucking dumpster fire.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vote4Pedro said:

Not like the Sox. They have hired a competent GM and have an owner willing to buy a championship. Sox have neither and a better overall roster than the Sox.

Yeah, the Mets are one of the few teams that I think can use the term "retool" with a straight face.

The White Sox...no.

Meanwhile, I resolve all judgement on Fedde until I get an @Eminor3rd scouting report.