White Sox Finalists for Fedde

Chicago White Sox

4 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

It's crazy to me that the bounce-back candidates that pitched in the MLB last year are too expensive for the Sox (Severino signing for $13M) so they have to go even cheaper.

Any free agents available from the California Penal League?

• Haha 3

I actually am happy about this. AsiaPac has been nowhere in our scouting for 15 years after being a huge value for us. 

He only has to be a mediocre starting pitcher to show value, and this is why you have a bannister/katz set up. They should give them a bunch of bounce back guys to see if they are a legit organizational specialty.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bmags said:

I actually am happy about this. AsiaPac has been nowhere in our scouting for 15 years after being a huge value for us. 

He only has to be a mediocre starting pitcher to show value, and this is why you have a bannister/katz set up. They should give them a bunch of bounce back guys to see if they are a legit organizational specialty.

I am very hopeful of the Bannister influence.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I'm fine with the signing but as of right now, if he is added, the rotation looks worse than anyone probably expected coming into the off-season.

It is extremely hilarious.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I'm fine with the signing but as of right now, if he is added, the rotation looks worse than anyone probably expected coming into the off-season.

Our rotation was pretty bad last year.  It was just names.......

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Since 2002, the OD starters have been:

Buehrle, Contreras, Sale, Samardzija, Quintana, Shields, Giolito, and Cease.

And now Touki.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

It'll be like having a 5th starter go every game. I still recommend bringing back Bryan Shaw and using him as the opener every day...Pedro is going to use him eventually so just get it over with early.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

It'll be like having a 5th starter go every game. I still recommend bringing back Bryan Shaw and using him as the opener every day...Pedro is going to use him eventually so just get it over with early.

Let him pitch the first inning and send him home to enjoy the rest of his day/night.

Bryan Shaw's 2024 season: 162 G, 162 GS

Edited by Bob Sacamano

I think bullpen pitching free agents should be terrified of our situation. They will not be able to be used optimally and likely burn them out so we are also going to run out some extreme bounce back guys

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I don’t know. Quite a few people on this board expected it to be pretty bad. If it excludes Scholtens, it will actually be better than expected.

10 minutes ago, bmags said:

I think bullpen pitching free agents should be terrified of our situation. They will not be able to be used optimally and likely burn them out so we are also going to run out some extreme bounce back guys

Right. This team is going to need to carry multiple long-relief options.

3 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I don’t know. Quite a few people on this board expected it to be pretty bad. If it excludes Scholtens, it will actually be better than expected.

Bad but with some more upside guys like Severino for example. People were even hopeful we would bring back Giolito, along with his friend Flaherty.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Couldn’t agree more 

16 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

If he was smart he would take the Mets offer, why would anyone choose the Sox if money was similar.

Certainly not to join an organization run by JR, a rookie GM, and Pedro.

The rope would be much longer here than in NY.  The Sox are looking for innings being absorbed, the Mets are looking for quality innings.  He'd be gone quick if he sucks. 

• Like 1