Tony La Russa Adamant He Is Not The Decision Maker

South Side Hit Men

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2023/12/14/24000128/tonys-place-healthier-larussa-back-wants-state-where-he-fits-with-white-sox-reinsdorf-grifol-getz

On his role in 2024, including being at Spring Training nearly every day.

He’ll be “limited and it’s focused,” doing what he can to “build that family culture, and how that translates into practicing and getting fundamentals right.”

“That’s really very focused and limited because I’m not going to have any thump where I walk up to anybody and say ‘this is how you should play and practice’ because they’re the guys who are on the line. But I’m going to be a resource,” La Russa said.

La Russa also denies being involved in the Front Office Purge and is pissed off at AJ.

“I got really upset when a particular guy [former Sox and current broadcaster and podcaster A.J. Pierzynski implied] I had something to do with that. I was never asked about the changes at the top. Kept saying I was involved, I was never asked about or involved with Kenny and Rick [getting fired].”

Continued losing impacts Jerry’s health.

“He catches a lot of heat that should be directed at guys he hires, like me and coaching staffs,” La Russa said. “We’re the ones who can get our hands on what the final score is. The better the White Sox play, the healthier he is. So try to have a great season.”

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

“Brilliant man, brilliant mind. This guy has done things in the game people won’t ever dream of.” 

LOL on this Grifol quote

La Russa also wants it known he had nothing to do with vice president Ken Williams and general manager Rick Hahn getting fired by Reinsdorf in August and had no input with Getz and Grifol putting their staffs together.