ST Thread

pcq

12 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I may be wrong but I don't think anyone has called you the first three adjectives. The fourth one I'll keep my opinion to myself. 

We went through a weekend of me arguing with one of the guys named White Sox, or something, because he called me a "yes-man", which I don't really understand in the context of being a fan of a team. 

17 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

No one would’ve missed Scholtens before he needed TJ surgery and there’s still 32 year old Tanner Banks on the 40-man roster.

I was surprised Scholtens made it through the winter on the 40-man. I don't get the Tanner Banks hate. Dude's a solid lefty reliever with an option remaining. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

These two things aren’t weighted equally.  We have seen many more years of bad baseball than good to serve as evidence that no one should be loyal to JR.  And JR has provided more awful years of ownership than good ones to promote fan negativity over positivity.

I would really like somebody to identify anybody on this site who is "loyal to JR". Donald Trump could buy the team, and I'd probably still watch with the same level in interest. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WestEddy said:

I was surprised Scholtens made it through the winter on the 40-man. I don't get the Tanner Banks hate. Dude's a solid lefty reliever with an option remaining. 

There is no Tanner Banks hate.  It’s just that he doesn’t have much of a future with the Sox at 32.  He would be the type of guy to trade for a lottery ticket if some other team needs a lefty.

11 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

There is no Tanner Banks hate.  It’s just that he doesn’t have much of a future with the Sox at 32.  He would be the type of guy to trade for a lottery ticket if some other team needs a lefty.

I know age is a thing, but they still have 5 years of control. 

43 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

We went through a weekend of me arguing with one of the guys named White Sox, or something, because he called me a "yes-man", which I don't really understand in the context of being a fan of a team. 

Fair enough although I don't recall that.

• Like 1

Lip is usually a dark cloud, but look at what we were promised, and look at what we got. At present, his dismay is more than justified.

im skeptical of anything anyone says on the positive side of things. Pillar thinking this team could make the playoffs.’

Where’s  Jim Mora when you need him?

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, WestEddy said:

I called you a “yes man”?  Not even sure I get what that would mean.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I called you a “yes man”?  Not even sure I get what that would mean.

I don't know if it was you. Like I said, there's a lot of people with similar names. But it happened. 

6 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

As I've explained before I was born and raised on the South Side, my family were fans, my earliest memories involve this franchise and I'm loyal.

But again as I've stated UNQUESTIONED loyalty to anything, a government, a sports franchise, a religion...you name it is dangerous. 

As a fan for 63 previous seasons, I feel I've earned the right to rip them a new one when deserved (and since 2007 season this franchise has deserved to be shredded)

6 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Was a Dark Cloud on WSI. He stopped posting here for a while but returned.

I’ve very really seen positive posts on players beyond those who played decades ago. Can’t understand following a team and players I mostly did not like for decades.

I didn't state anything about loyalty or your right to rip the team. I Just don't understand how one can generally find little if anything pleasurable about White Sox baseball including contemporary White Sox players, yet spend so much personal discretionary time following the team.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

8 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I didn't state anything about loyalty or your right to rip the team. I Just don't understand how one can generally find little if anything pleasurable about White Sox baseball including contemporary White Sox players, yet spend so much personal discretionary time following the team.

It's called addiction.  I can relate.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I mean, that's a clown thing to say to the media when you need to build the guy's confidence. Grifol has diarrhea of the mouth.

Since when has Grifol not said a clown thing? 😜 But i don't react as strongly to this comment. Kopech in my opinion has been given a lot of rope over the past few years, he hasn't produced, he's had injuries of course but there also seems to be a lot of off the field intrigue going on as well, not as bad as Anderson but enough to make the tabloids.

Basically it's time for him to put up or shut up. So let's see how he reacts under this "pressure" from Grifol.

In all likelihood he'll still be in the rotation. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Since when has Grifol not said a clown thing? 😜 But i don't react as strongly to this comment. Kopech in my opinion has been given a lot of rope over the past few years, he hasn't produced, he's had injuries of course but there also seems to be a lot of off the field intrigue going on as well, not as bad as Anderson but enough to make the tabloids.

Basically it's time for him to put up or shut up. So let's see how he reacts under this "pressure" from Grifol.

In all likelihood he'll still be in the rotation. 

That's fine, just don't say it publicly. Man management. Know your personnel. Kopech is the type of guy you praise in public and then use the stick approach in private.

• Thanks 1