3/11 White Sox @ Rockies

Hard to believe we're basically halfway through spring training. So far it's been a decent spring other than the results. We're going to suck ass of course, but team health is good and there's been some positives with the pitching projects.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Hard to believe we're basically halfway through spring training. So far it's been a decent spring other than the results. We're going to suck ass of course, but team health is good and there's been some positives with the pitching projects.

The primary two positives are the starting pitchers overall, especially Crochet, and the health and performance of Eloy and Yoan.

The two disappointments have been few standout relievers stepping up, though there is still plenty of time on that front, and the large number of veterans which look to be a distraction and usurpation of playing time from mid 20s players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

It’s really amazing how bad this offense has performed, even though it doesn’t matter.

I would say its not amazing at all, in fact, pretty much expected. This team is going to be hot garbage.

The main thing I want to see is how long we have to watch these washed up vets on the roster before they let young guys get chances. How long will we have to watch Sheets gets rotated between DH/1B/OF before they finally cut the cord.

• Like 1

Just now, T R U said:

I would say its not amazing at all, in fact, pretty much expected. This team is going to be hot garbage.

The main thing I want to see is how long we have to watch these washed up vets on the roster before they let young guys get chances. How long will we have to watch Sheets gets rotated between DH/1B/OF before they finally cut the cord.

Sheets is the young guy compared to most of these bums

3 minutes ago, T R U said:

The will also pay millions more over the MLB minimum for the privilege of converting these NRIs to the 26 man roster, without helping the short or long term.

• 35 Pillar ($3M guaranteed)
  • 35 Moustakas ($2M guaranteed + $2M in possible incentives)
  • 30 Mendick ($ TBA)
  • 29 Phillips ($1.2M guaranteed)
  • 40 Chavez ($ TBA)
  • 36 Shaw ($ TBA)
  • Paper Bag 1

2 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

DeJong with De Dong!!

If there is no footage, did it really happen, or is it just hearsay?

Wonder if there were any issues with Stassi after he singled, moved to third on Remillard's GR Double, and then was pulled for a pinch runner before Shewmake's final out.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

58 minutes ago, T R U said:

Another spiritual victory. Just imagine nine Chris Getz type players in your lineup. 

• TLR 1

28 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Getz is the Branch Rickey type GM.

Jerry wants Getz to find 170 David Ecksteins.

DavidEckstein.jpg

Pee Wee Reese would be more like it.

Character and HoF credentials.

Edited by caulfield12

5 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

If there is no footage, did it really happen, or is it just hearsay?

Wonder if there were any issues with Stassi after he singled, moved to third on Remillard's GR Double, and then was pulled for a pinch runner before Shewmake's final out.

They should have replaced him on base with Maldonado. Remind him what actually being on base is like.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2