Kopech to the Bullpen

hogan873

1 minute ago, Capn12 said:

I'm over the Kopech experiment honestly. Like most have already said, Kopech's biggest issue, is Michael Kopech.

And if we're talking about Clevinger, just go let Bauer have a crack at it. Absurd that he is still paying for all of that crap.

f*** it, sign both.  At least it will give us something to watch.  It can’t get much worse than it already is.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

What we do know is that Barfield I believe was specifically on record with how this was a guy he was going to work with and wanted to fix. 

And yet after a month, here we are.  That should tell us all something.

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Roster Resource, after this news, has the rotation as: Fedde, Soroka, Flexen, Crochet (I highly doubt he makes the OD rotation), and Nastrini. You figure maybe one of the MiLB deal guys could make it or Lorenzen like you said.

I think Lorenzen is a strong possibility, but it would take a while before he was ready.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Nothing cracks me up more on sox talk than the amount of credit/belief given to coaches for established players development or lack there of. 

There isn't a helluva lot else to pin your hopes on. Bannister's specialty and what he takes pride in is helping pitchers find what they once had be it established guys or not so established guys who at times looked great then stumbled. It's not impossible to turn guys around. Rodon made changes for 2021 that helped him turn it around.

Kopech going to the  pen is probably just a move to help him eventually get put back into the rotation.

Being a starter is the only way to make him truly bankable even though the Sox gained nothing from Rodon's success in 2021.

Kopech has to find a way to consistently throw strikes.

In what's going to be a lost season no matter what ,why the hell do we need another BP guy ? They don't have enough arms yet to toss out there ?

What's crazy to me is a month of pitching in the spring is not even giving him or Bannister a chance to work at it .

It's funny when you do bad in ST it counts but when you do well it doesn't.

But for those applauding the move to the pen I'm guessing you hope it's permanent but it's likely a medicinal move and if the medicine helps you put him back in the rotation to take the place of an injured or struggling guy because you know guys are going to be hurt and struggling on  this team.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Under the Hahn regime, there seems to have been no accountability for the players themselves. At some point, it's up to them to figure it out. It just seems like we've had a lot of dipshits who didn't take their craft seriously enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Not so fast my friend 

At that point, might as well sign Bauer for the league minimum. At least you can cut him if you think he's an issue in the clubhouse.

Edit: don't mistake this post for me wanting either of these guys

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • TLR 2

1 hour ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Perhaps "let's trust Bannister" is no longer a good reason to justify stuff like the Mena trade or the guys they got from SD.

One of his key jobs was to save Kopech and he already failed. 

Yikes I hope your kindergartner got good reports his 1st couple months of school or you failed as a parent.

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

At that point, might as well sign Bauer for the league minimum. At least you can cut him if you think he's an issue in the clubhouse.

Edit: don't mistake this post for me wanting either of these guys

I would rather fill the roster spot with someone who actually has the ability to be tradeable. No one is trading for either of those guys, you will be wasting innings on them and wasting roster spots on them when they will provide you nothing long-term. Pillar and Maldonado have a better chance of being traded than those guys do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m actually going to be more pissed if they don’t send Crochet down to the minors to start the season.  I worry this move opens up a spot for Garrett to do a couple innings ever five day thing with the Sox, which would be super stupid.

Totally agree. Crochet would be an opener pitching only every 5th day ? What good is that? He can do that in the minors so Grifol isn't tempted to use him after 2 or 3 days rest to get a win. He needs to stay on the every 5th day schedule.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I think Lorenzen is a strong possibility, but it would take a while before he was ready.

I'll think Lorenzen or Clevinger is a strong possibility once either one has signed on the dotted line.

All tweets always has terror motives and most of the ones from Insiders are pawns of agents or teams greasing their palms to manipulate.

Passan is the only one I like.

18 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I would rather fill the roster spot with someone who actually has the ability to be tradeable. No one is trading for either of those guys, you will be wasting innings on them and wasting roster spots on them when they will provide you nothing long-term. Pillar and Maldonado have a better chance of being traded than those guys do.

Agreed. Go with Lorenzen or get even more creative and go with Montgomery (Bellinger/Chapman type deal).

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Fire 1

26 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m actually going to be more pissed if they don’t send Crochet down to the minors to start the season.  I worry this move opens up a spot for Garrett to do a couple innings ever five day thing with the Sox, which would be super stupid.

Definitely a 'Sox gonna Sox' situation.  

• Like 2