3/18 Guardians @ Sox - Thorpe toes the rubber

54 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

I like most people here did not want Sheets in RF, but I think you have to find somewhere to put his bat. He has been the best bat in spring training. 

And you can't say spring training means nothing when everyone want Nastrini starting and Crochet is our opening day starter. Spring has to mean something. 

Yes, let’s ignore all of Sheets’ history of being a bad major league hitter and slot in his horrible glove into RF because of a few dozen meaningless spring training at-bats.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, fathom said:

Hahah, 6-6

Dude's nervous. He probably read SoxTalk, realized he's worthless based on a couple of really really smart fans' takes, so he decided to commit suicide by home run. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Just now, WestEddy said:

Dude's nervous. He probably read SoxTalk, realized he's worthless based on a couple of really really smart fans' takes, so he decided to commit suicide by home run. 

Or he’s trying to impress his new team by throwing too hard (as he hits 91).  Not being serious, and I know this start means nothing.  Just kinda goes with vibe of this organization these days.

• Like 2

Soooo…. It is one spring training outing.  I am on record as not liking the profile because there is no margin for error. I do have Nastrini ahead of Thorpe, and this hopefully explains why. God willing, he goes down to AA and keeps working. Sox really have a magic wand with guys like Eder and Thorpe — everything seems fine until they don the Sox uni.

• Like 1

This is just a funny story he can tell someday. I think this guy is going to be a good major league starter. Yea, he was traded twice because he’s not a huge arm, but there is still a place in the big leagues for guys that can change speeds and locate…you know, pitch. He’ll be fine.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Anyone there that can provide updates or are we strictly "Gameday" again?

I don't see anyone tweeting from the game, so it looks like Gameday only.

6 minutes ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

I personally love how ST performance has gone from entirely meaningless to career defining over the course of one half inning and about 10 posts in this thread.

Welcome to Soxtalk !

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Welcome to Soxtalk ! 7

Oh come on, this is hilarious.  A guy they bragged about how great he’s been in ST went out and allowed 6 runs without an out in seemingly 3 minutes.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1