3/23/24 Game Thread: Seattle at Chicago White Sox 3:05PM CDT; Radio: ESPN1000 & TV: No Broadcast

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/mariners-vs-white-sox/2024/03/23/747832/preview

Final radio broadcast of Spring Training. Hoping it's Len and DJ so I can enjoy listening. No television as apparently the 2024 World Figure Skating Championships are NBC Sports Chicago's priority this afternoon.

Starting pitchers are projected 5th starter for the White Sox Nick Nastrini, sporting a 0.82 ERA & Ratio over four ST appearances. He will be opposed by RHP George Kirby with an 8.31 ERA and 1.73 Ratio over 3 ST starts.

The White Sox are a -125 favorite, run line Seattle -1 1/2 + 165, total is at 10 runs -118.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Len has returned, he was sick for the Wednesday broadcast.

Iowa game is at the half. They are leading Holy Cross 48-30, will have that on mute with the radio broadcast and watching the webcast during halftime.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Excuse? It is an actual phenomenon that all pitchers experience at the beginning of the season. 

Shouldn’t White Sox hitters be taking advantage or does this only happen to White Sox pitchers?

At so,e point, and now, in spring training, I understand why you don’t want to, you’re going to have to realize they aren’t as good as most teams. And that they suck.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Paper Bag 1

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Shouldn’t White Sox hitters be taking advantage or does this only happen to White Sox pitchers?

Hilarious how little power the top of the order has hit for again 

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

At so,e point, and now, in spring training, I understand why you don’t want to, you’re going to have to realize they aren’t as good as most teams. And that they suck.

Dick spittin the truth.  🤣

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I've never claimed they're better than all the other teams. Just because I'm not constantly whining about every single development, and tying it all back to Jerry Reinsdorf demanding that every player suck so he makes money - doesn't mean I don't acknowledge reality. 

Are you suggesting that Nastrini forgot how to pitch today? Or that he sucked all along, and he's been lucky up til now? At some point, the glum crowd are going to realize that they sound ridiculous when they pretend that even good things are bad. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WestEddy said:

I've never claimed they're better than all the other teams. Just because I'm not constantly whining about every single development, and tying it all back to Jerry Reinsdorf demanding that every player suck so he makes money - doesn't mean I don't acknowledge reality. 

Are you suggesting that Nastrini forgot how to pitch today? Or that he sucked all along, and he's been lucky up til now? At some point, the glum crowd are going to realize that they sound ridiculous when they pretend that even good things are bad. 

How about that 12 innings in spring training isn’t a good way to make a decision about whether or not a guy is ready for a callup?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

How about that 12 innings in spring training isn’t a good way to make a decision about whether or not a guy is ready for a callup?

I'll take strawmen for $500, Alex. 

It's almost like a player's entire career doesn't already exist for people to decide if they're ready or not. Or that the professionals watching him throw his pitches for a solid month, now, can't see if their arsenal is major league ready or not. I'm pretty sure that the people making these decisions aren't just reading the box scores and high fiving each other, even though that's what the glum crowd pretends is the case. 

21 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

You take spring training way too seriously. I hope Nastrini is good pitcher, but chances are he won’t be all that good in the major leagues in 2024. Command isn’t the greatest.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I'll take strawmen for $500, Alex. 

It's almost like a player's entire career doesn't already exist for people to decide if they're ready or not. Or that the professionals watching him throw his pitches for a solid month, now, can't see if their arsenal is major league ready or not. I'm pretty sure that the people making these decisions aren't just reading the box scores and high fiving each other, even though that's what the glum crowd pretends is the case. 

Great. He has 27 games at AA with an ERA over 4, 4 games at AAA last year also with an ERA over 4. Send him to AAA and call him up when he starts impressing. Thanks for agreeing, entire career makes it obvious.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Great. He has 27 games at AA with an ERA over 4, 4 games at AAA last year also with an ERA over 4. Send him to AAA and call him up when he starts impressing. Thanks for agreeing, entire career makes it obvious.

Ho hum. It must be fun to shadow box, you do it so much. 27 games at AA is a full season. As far as I can see, no decision has been announced for Nastrini, right? It wouldn't surprise me if Nastrini starts the year in AAA and Touki takes that first #5 start. 

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

You take spring training way too seriously. I hope Nastrini is good pitcher, but chances are he won’t be all that good in the major leagues in 2024. Command isn’t the greatest.

I'm not sure what I'm taking too seriously. You seem to be imagining I'm saying things I'm not. 

31 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I'm not sure what I'm taking too seriously. You seem to be imagining I'm saying things I'm not. 

@Dick Allenis not a guy that has a history of puffing up the Sox. For some reason, that seams to be your reason to exist here. Like just calm down a bit it's only March 23rd. By July, there's like an 80% chance we're 10 under and your account will be deactivated. 

If we're not? Well, crow then. There's only so many strawmen people can knock down in the meantime.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Hawk 1
  • TLR 1