GT 3/30: DET @ SOX, 1:10 pm CDT, NBCSC

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Yoan is swinging in anger. Love it. About time. His back must be feeling good. Give it a month I guess.

If he hustles too hard for a few more triples, I'd give him 2 weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Benitendi is an impressively s%*# player.

He has the largest contract in team history and he literally does nothing extraordinarily well. Everything is average or below. 

• Like 2

Just now, T R U said:

There’s just some injuries people don’t come back from, but he hasn’t performed in years now and he’s not fooling anyone today. Lots of runners, lots of hard contact, not fooling anyone. You just hope he’s decent enough to get something for him in a few months. 

Isn't this his last year of control?

Reminding me of Erik Johnson for some reason...91-94 for most of the way but not likely to ever see that early Braves' version again.

Innings eater is fine.

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

He's had a lot of injuries and is still how old ? 26 ? Give him another 2 years at least.

I mean, I'm down to take a flier on him, but you need to give the same grace to Moncada in that case.

They both had great 2019s and have dealt with injuries, but at least Moncada has been able to play in the majors and had a good 2021.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Isn't this his last year of control?

Reminding me of Erik Johnson for some reason...91-94 for most of the way but not likely to ever see that early Braves' version again.

Innings eater is fine.

Yeah he’s a 1 year guy here. 

Luis is fucking awesome. I hope they can put some pieces around him before he's a free agent. Otherwise you need to trade him and ravage someone's farm system.

Edited by DirtySox
  • Like 1

Just now, CentralChamps21 said:

Just a 2 game sample size, but Yoan looks much better from the left side than the right. Something I'll be keeping my eye on as the season goes on.

That's been the case for a while. His right handed swing is all contact, very little power. He at least swings hard from the left. 

2 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Just a 2 game sample size, but Yoan looks much better from the left side than the right. Something I'll be keeping my eye on as the season goes on.

I wish he would just become a LHH and drop the switch hitting.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Been consistent his whole career.

Versus RHP: 2322 PA .768 OPS

Versus LHP: 779 PA .716 OPS

At one point, there was debate for him to drop switch hitting and just bat LH full time.

• Quin locked this topic