3/31 GT - Sox vs. Tigers (1:10pm)

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Ok, but hear me out:

The absolute majesty of TLR getting booed and how angry it would make JR feel. 

If there aren't any fans in attendance, they can't boo TLR...

tmp.gif

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

It's quite astounding how much damage the Hahn/Williams era did. The organization may never recover. Certainly not anytime soon. 

It won't be in the immediate future true but, at some point things will get better. It's inevitable new ownership arrives at some point.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

This makes no sense at all.  But hey, I can’t wait to see Tim Hill continue to face righties in big spots.

I was speaking in general terms. Connie Mack (or insert your favorite manager) isn't going to get this team to win 80 games, but the losses would be closer. 

3 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Honestly I wouldn't complain about that. Show the world what a total complete embarrassment the team/organization has become. 

Yup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WestEddy said:

Eloy was 2-11. I'll take my chances with Lenyn Sosa catching fire. 

The larger sample size shows me that neither Sheets or Sosa would be very fun to watch.  Have either of them ever even caught fire in the majors?  Maybe Sheets in his rookie year.

4 hours ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

How much losing do the Sox have to do before they realize that what they are doing is not working?

The problem is our definition of what isn’t working isn’t the same as the Sox. They are OK with what is on the field right now, which is where the problem lies…

• Like 2
  • Paper Bag 1

3 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

How long until LaRussa's title is changed to interim manager?

He is more dangerous now if he is the de facto Kenny Williams since August 23, 2023 after pulling off the coup d’etat.

2 hours ago, fathom said:

Two things Harold has mentioned the last month that have caught my eye:

- Tony would replace Grifol

- Jerry’s son is taking over when he passes 

8l4xoz.jpg

1 hour ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

It's quite astounding how much damage the TLR/Hahn/Williams era did, and the TLR/Getz regime is doing. The organization may never recover. Certainly not anytime soon. 

Fletcher, Maldonado, Pillar, Grossman, Chavez, others have Tony’s fingerprints all over them.

He reminds me of a corporate kiss ass.  I remember him mentioning things he was from another dugout that was always good for losing 90 games.  He says things like he didn't like the team.

You wonder what players around the league say about people you never hear about it in the media.  Maye just maybe players under him might have said the guy is a joke.

He's set up this season not to fail. If they lose less than a 100 games it will be considered success. The bar is set low. Only Stone can paint a positive picture. The rest of us have been duped long before that.

The only thing interesting about this team is the fans bitching.  Eventually the media will not give them attention.  Reinsdorf will have to come up with another make believe soap opera for people to know this organization still exists.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

The larger sample size shows me that neither Sheets or Sosa would be very fun to watch.  Have either of them ever even caught fire in the majors?  Maybe Sheets in his rookie year.

If Colas, Lee, Sosa and Fletcher play regularly and aren’t MLB level contributors, which may very well be the case for some or most, then you move on with a clear conscience.

If Grossman, Pillar, Philips, Ortega, Payton, DeJong, Lopez, Stassi and Maldonado play regularly and aren’t MLB level contributors, they will just come back with the next batch of the same type of mid 30s no longer an MLB calibur player beyond calling up Montgomery at some point for the left side, maybe Ramos, to burn their clocks with zero chance at competitiveness, and mismanagement and toxicity if Pedro or Tony La Russa are in the dugout.

42 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

The only thing interesting about this team is the fans bitching.  Eventually the media will not give them attention.

There's not much media out there anymore. The TV guys are paid by the team I believe thus lean toward being homers. Stoney was critical at times in the past, should be interesting to see if he just mails it in for the paycheck this year. ... The newspapers have no real strong voice like Mariotti was. So the media is pretty much a non factor. MLB.com isn't going to be real negative. That leaves the occasional national columnist. They won't waste their time. ... Reinsdorf has to sell the team. Invest your money elsewhere Jerry. It can't be 'fun' being owner of this rotten ballclub with no real end of misery in sight.

Edited by greg775

38 minutes ago, greg775 said:

There's not much media out there anymore. The TV guys are paid by the team I believe thus lean toward being homers. Stoney was critical at times in the past, should be interesting to see if he just mails it in for the paycheck this year. ... The newspapers have no real strong voice like Mariotti was. So the media is pretty much a non factor. MLB.com isn't going to be real negative. That leaves the occasional national columnist. They won't waste their time. ... Reinsdorf has to sell the team. Invest your money elsewhere Jerry. It can't be 'fun' being owner of this rotten ballclub with no real end of misery in sight.

He's making money which is his primary interest.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Oops, I should have been more clear. Someone on reddit said the postgame show had a highlight reel of all the times he's been hurt running to first lol. But thanks for the link anyways, I didn't get to watch today as I was watching basketball.

5 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

How long until LaRussa's title is changed to interim manager?

Is LaRussa really so out of it that he would want to get back in the dugout? He couldn't possibly think it could end well, could he? Does Jerry really want to send his friend out there for another round of embarrassment?

14 hours ago, Sambuca said:

Eloy needs to hit three bombs today to make up for his pathetic performance yesterday.

Pitiful and injured today although the pitiful ump punched him and Robert both out on 3-2 pitches that weren't close. Hard to take walks when umps are terrible.

I'd like to see those ump scorecards for the 3 games.

19 hours ago, Heads22 said:

Then statcast is off because the side camera shot of that pitch was well below the knees if you're talking about the Robert punch out . If Eloy that pitch was both down and away.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

7 hours ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

How much losing do the Sox have to do before they realize that what they are doing is not working?

I think it is working 😂. Seriously I know it sounds like a joke but the defense and pitching hasn't been bad. If they get more minor leaguers at the deadline for pitching it worked. Of course they will trade pitching for pitching .

1 hour ago, supernuke said:

Is LaRussa really so out of it that he would want to get back in the dugout? He couldn't possibly think it could end well, could he? Does Jerry really want to send his friend out there for another round of embarrassment?

Tony might have JR in his Will so where there's a Will, there's a way. 😋

• Quin unpinned and locked this topic