Sox @ KC Royals 4/4/24 6:40 central start

New rule: if the honoree of the previous winner does not make the new thread before the Sox post the lineup on Twitter you forfeit the honors.

Nice to see Lee get a start but FFS Beni at leadoff and Sheets at cleanup.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 2

• chitownsportsfan changed the title to Sox @ KC Royals 4/4/24 6:40 central start
1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

New rule: if the honoree of the previous winner does not make the new thread before the Sox post the lineup on Twitter you forfeit the honors.

And the Sox play a man down as they wait out Eloy's injury.  Cheap, cheap, cheap

• Haha 1
  • Paper Bag 1

13 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I'll repeat something I brought up maybe last year don't remember exactly. I was told Hahn would get pissed because he was hearing around the league the Cubs were basically laughing at the fact that he wanted Jimenez as part of the deal. He didn't care for being made to look like a fool.  😆

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I'll repeat something I brought up maybe last year don't remember exactly. I was told Hahn would get pissed because he was hearing around the league the Cubs were basically laughing at the fact that he wanted Jimenez as part of the deal. He didn't care for being made to look like a fool.  😆

There's a billion things to critique hahn for. Turning Q into Eloy and Dylan is def not one of them. That was an A+ trade on paper for the Sox and in reality it was a B trade for Chicago and probably a D for the Cubs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Ah f*** I forgot. My bad.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

We'll excuse you, nobody the last two years has a lot of experience having the honor, we're breaking new ground here.

Thats my defense for sure. Not used to posting winning game threads lol

• Paper Bag 1

Why didn't the White Sox just claim/sign Ramon Laureano when he was waived so they didn't have to worry about RF defensively?

Then they could have at least kept Mena and pushed Sheets out...I know he's RH, but a FREE acquisition with a 750ish career OPS and most importantly a solid fielder/thrower at any spot in the OF.

Edited by caulfield12

45 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

That is such revisionist history. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Why didn't the White Sox just sign Ramon Laureano when he was waived so they didn't have to worry about RF defensively?

Then they could have at least kept Mena and pushed Sheets out...I know he's RH, but a FREE acquisition with a 750ish career OPS and most importantly a solid fielder/thrower at any spot in the OF.

Bro we have Fletcher, Fletcher is the type of guy you build around in RF.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PaleAleSox said:

That is such revisionist history. 

Thank you for saying this. Come on people; we've got to be smarter than this and have a little bit of a memory. The first few years, everybody remotely related to the Cubs was having a total crap-their-pants reaction to that trade, and it wasn't because of Dylan Cease. 

Huge Cub fan extraordinaire Dave Kaplan when he was hosting that weeknight sports talk show would have a complete and total fit about that trade, at least, once a week. Every time Quintana would get a loss or they showed a highlight of a Eloy homer, Kaplan literally had to fight to control himself to keep from cursing on the air. 

I understand that many are extremely angry at the Sox organization, but we have to be smarter than believe something like this off Cubs Cribbie or whatever. 

• Like 1

Here's a crazy thought: Let's talk about the game tonight. 

I'm excited to watch it, and I feel good about that line up and the Sox chances to win. I, like everyone else, was really down on the Sox after that 0 and 4 start. But listening to the Atlanta game the Sox won, I heard that about mid-3rd inning of that game that for the year the Sox were 1 for 21 with RISP with 12 strike outs. That's amazing. No wonder they had lost 4 in a row with that stat. But then I thought about it and losing three one-run games with that stat kinda gave me a hope. There's no way a stat like that can last. 

I realize that some teams and players are better than others at batting with RISP, but a lot of batting with RISP is pretty much random chance. That kind proved itself in the Atlanta win when both RBI singles were very weakly hit. So, let's hope that bad luck streak is over, and I expect the bats and the runs to be better in KC. I hope Soroka does a good job, and let's see if the Sox can take this series. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I wonder if the Red Sox feel the same way about Moncada.