Grifol has to be fired, as no way should the message be sent this is ok 

Again, Team is not prepared. That's on him. Honestly give the gig to ozzie

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Grifol has to be fired, as no way should the message be sent this is ok 

this is absolutely brutal, this team is playing little league baseball 

1 minute ago, Pale Sox said:

I don’t think a grounder through the legs is lazy. It’s just an error. 

He didn't get his glove down. I disagree with you whole heartedly.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

They are professionals doing a job. Happiness is great, but happiness isn't what most of us get out of work every day, week or year. 

I think it's safe to say that baseball means more to baseball players than the average person's job means to the average person (Anthony Rendon notwithstanding). Factor in the competitive nature of the game and I just don't think it's an accurate comparison. 

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

2 friggin lazy plays by Yoan....should've taken over that popup and then didn't get his glove down on that grounder. He's an undoubtedly great fielder but his lapses are embarrassing at times.

So much for the theory of getting any thing back for him this year.

See Clevinger/Grandal.

Maybe we can trade him back to Boston for Raffaela...?

5 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

At what point is it not a streak?  If you can’t score, you can’t win, and chances are the pitching isn’t going to throw shutouts every night.

If you really think this team is going to go 18-144, I don't know what to say. I don't think Benintendi, Yoan, Vaughn, Grossman, Eloy, DeJong, Lopez and Maldonado will become different hitters, hit .400 and start knocking out HRs. Before yesterday's game, 5 of their starters were OPSing under .500. They'll either clean that up, or get replaced by guys who hit. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Snopek said:

I think it's safe to say that baseball means more to baseball players than the average person's job means to the average person (Anthony Rendon notwithstanding). Factor in the competitive nature of the game and I just don't think it's an accurate comparison. 

And Greinke, who once said he'd rather be moving lawns at the worst of his personal demons.

Just now, WestEddy said:

If you really think this team is going to go 18-144, I don't know what to say. I don't think Benintendi, Yoan, Vaughn, Grossman, Eloy, DeJong, Lopez and Maldonado will become different hitters, hit .400 and start knocking out HRs. Before yesterday's game, 5 of their starters were OPSing under .500. They'll either clean that up, or get replaced by guys who hit. 

There’s no one to replace these guys!

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

The replacements are guys like Sosa, Colas Remillard...and Max Stassi just had a full year off.

Bringing up Montgomery early probably won't even sell any seats.  That would be totally ill-advised.

Phillips Payton and Ortega? Yikes Yikes Yikes.

The Guardians...on the other hand, are pitching right through the loss of Shane Bieber.

AL Central fortunate they couldn't get proper trade value for how he looked to start the season this year.

Edited by caulfield12

The pitching isn't going to be top half all year. It will regress to bottom 1/3 likely just as the bats rebound from "historically awful" to simply "awful."

Add it all up and this is a 45-55 win team. They are already down to 59 wins projected on FG.

If Benny, DeJong, Lopez and Maldonado are all "historically" bad, you don't think anybody has an OF at AAA they'd trade who could do better? Tommy Pham's out there. He could replace Pillar, and knock Benny to the bench. 

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

The pitching isn't going to be top half all year. It will regress to bottom 1/3 likely just as the bats rebound from "historically awful" to simply "awful."

Add it all up and this is a 45-55 win team. They are already down to 59 wins projected on FG.

I just can't see how they win more than 50/55.

4 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

If Benny, DeJong, Lopez and Maldonado are all "historically" bad, you don't think anybody has an OF at AAA they'd trade who could do better? Tommy Pham's out there. He could replace Pillar, and knock Benny to the bench. 

Why do you think he has played for so many teams since StL?

Why was he traded the very first time when he looked so promising?

Just look up "fight over fantasy team" and stabbed outside strip bar at google.

Why did the team he played much better than expected for last year not bring him back?

Edited by caulfield12

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

DeJong hasn’t had a good offensive season since 2019 with the Cardinals.

10 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I can’t see them spending more money on this roster.  Also, no shot do they bench Benintendi.  What’s really frustrating is that there were plenty of signs that all these veterans they bright in this past offseason were cooked.

• Like 1

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

DeJong hasn’t had a good offensive season since 2019 with the Cardinals.

Wasn’t he the worst hitter on the planet the last few months of the year?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Why did the team he played much better than expected for last year not bring him back?

Do you have answers for these, or am I supposed to guess? He's a clubhouse cancer? Then somebody else. Independent leagues will start up soon. Again, if you have players who will OPS under .500, I'm sure there's somebody in AAA on a minor league deal, somebody trying to come back in Gary, or Schaumburg, who can hit better than that. 

Some team will replace their own Paul DeJong with their hotshot rookie, and they'll trade their DeJong. 

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

That planned Hank Aaron / Steve Stone story was cheesy as hell.

It's like they had to wait all of 5 innings or whatever until the game was sleepy enough to tell it. Jesus christ man we're going to see some things come August. I'd be surprised if Stone doesn't take most of August off.