ESPN predicts 120 loss season for the White Sox

hankchifan

We are a National disgrace and a laughingstock. 
Never in my lifetime did I ever imagine the White Sox being as bad as the 1962 Mets. This is all on the jerkoff of an owner we have and if the man cares this little about the franchise and it’s fans and has any conscience at all he must do the right thing and sell the club.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I don’t think they’ll get to 120 but it’s going to be pretty close.

I think they can make it.

Guys like Fedde (if he performs) will be gone. Ditto for Kopech and Wilson.

Good players that you keep on rebuilding teams are young and under team control. The only player who could fit that description is Crochet, and he’ll be shut down.

This team is going to be right up there with the 1962 Mets and the 2003 Tigers.

• Like 2

Just now, JoeC said:

Good players that you keep on rebuilding teams are young and under team control. The only player who could fit that description is Crochet, and he’ll be shut down.

Assuming loss today, the winning percentage probably then on pace for about 25 wins. They’ll win more than that but honestly, 120 losses wouldn’t be too crazy. This team is that bad.

8 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Assuming loss today, the winning percentage probably then on pace for about 25 wins. They’ll win more than that but honestly, 120 losses wouldn’t be too crazy. This team is that bad.

Plus, the AL Central seems to be much improved except for the Twins. No longer any easy walkover wins.

8 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

We’re towards the very bottom of the barrel. There are no “easy walkover wins” for us lol

-37 RS/RA for White Sox and Marlins already.

Nobody else within 10 runs.

Rockies are at -27.  Check that, -19 now with 12-4 lead.

Edited by caulfield12

8 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Yeah, a successful trade deadline could make this team a real threat for 120 losses.  When it’s all said and done, I think this could be the worst offense in major league history.  If Crochet gets shut down and you trade most of the other arms worth a damn, then there is no limit to how bad this team could be post deadline.  It’s going to be close because losing 120 games should be damn near impossible, but with a lack of talent and bad injury luck it just might happen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yeah, a successful trade deadline could make this team a real threat for 120 losses.  When it’s all said and done, I think this could be the worst offense in major league history.  If Crochet gets shut down and you trade most of the other arms worth a damn, then there is no limit to how bad this team could be post deadline.  It’s going to be close because losing 120 games should be damn near impossible, but with a lack of talent and bad injury luck it just might happen.

Post deadline? They're plenty bad now.  They might get better as they get rid of these guys.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

We are a National disgrace and a laughingstock. 
Never in my lifetime did I ever imagine the White Sox being as bad as the 1962 Mets. This is all on the jerkoff of an owner we have and if the man cares this little about the franchise and it’s fans and has any conscience at all he must do the right thing and sell the club.

Either Jerry doesn't realize how bad it is (in which case he's either completely oblivious to the rest of the league, or too prideful to admit it), or he flat out doesn't care. Either way there is nothing we fans can do about it. When Jerry fired KW and RH last year, he literally said in response to questions about selling the team, that he doesn't play cards so what else would he do other than own the white sox. He won't be selling unless he admits he just cannot run a baseball team anymore, and gets over his stubbornness. Who knows, maybe this year will do it. If last year was the worst year of his ownership tenure, according to him, then this year would certainly have to beat last year. Until he's out of the picture we'll be forced to be a part of this losing culture...or we jump on another team's bandwagon lol.

Edited by ScootsMcGoots
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

Post deadline? They're plenty bad now.  They might get better as they get rid of these guys.

The pitching hasn’t be terrible though.  If you remove Crochet, Fedde, Kopech, & Wilson, then it’s likely the pitching staff is worse.  And I’m super optimistic about the young arms we have on the cusp, but no guarantee they come up and immediately produce.

On the offensive side, I’m not sure which prospects will be ready this year and/or actually called up.  Montgomery could obviously push for a role at some point, but do they actually want to call him up and him join this s%*# show?  Not sure there are many locks after that.  Several guys at Birmingham could reach AAA this year, but not sure they promote them all the way to the majors.  I do think some of the bad vets like DeJong & Maldonado could get cut at some point and hopefully their replacements are better, but short of Montgomery I doubt they will be game changes.  Definitely hope I’m wrong there though.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

The pitching hasn’t be terrible though.  If you remove Crochet, Fedde, Kopech, & Wilson, then it’s likely the pitching staff is worse.  And I’m super optimistic about the young arms we have on the cusp, but no guarantee they come up and immediately produce.

On the offensive side, I’m not sure which prospects will be ready this year and/or actually called up.  Montgomery could obviously push for a role at some point, but do they actually want to call him up and him join this s%*# show?  Not sure there are many locks after that.  Several guys at Birmingham could reach AAA this year, but not sure they promote them all the way to the majors.  I do think some of the bad vets like DeJong & Maldonado could get cut at some point and hopefully their replacements are better, but short of Montgomery I doubt they will be game changes.  Definitely hope I’m wrong there though.

Which was the whole point in signing a bunch of trashy position players to hold spots short term.