4/15/24 - KC @ CWS, 7:40 PM Eastern

I'm a bit perplexed. He has good stuff - but this is a guy who was horrible in his short stint in AA last year, yet got promoted to AAA to start this year (in fairness I don't recall his splits so maybe his last 6 or 7 starts in AA last year were stellar and his AA stats are skewed by struggles as he adjusted to AA).  But any which way this seems extremely rushed.  Small sample size by that 1.5 WHIP in AAA sure screams bring a kid up and burn an option.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5y-SONvenl/?igsh=eDQycno5djk3NXNu

Is this supposed to be serious? Is the Sox social media team just openly mocking Eloy? Pretty funny if so.

god he looks so stupid with the red gloves. there are guys that can get away with that, Eloy is not one of them. I know it doesn't matter but he still looks like a goof.

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

I'm a bit perplexed. He has good stuff - but this is a guy who was horrible in his short stint in AA last year, yet got promoted to AAA to start this year (in fairness I don't recall his splits so maybe his last 6 or 7 starts in AA last year were stellar and his AA stats are skewed by struggles as he adjusted to AA).  But any which way this seems extremely rushed.  Small sample size by that 1.5 WHIP in AAA sure screams bring a kid up and burn an option.  

At this point just use the Costanza principle.  Whatever the Sox do, the right thing is the opposite. It feels entirely rushed. Dude has some talent, was a 3rd round pick out of the SEC, but his numbers are no bueno. And, he's not on the 40 man already. Just recycle someone else man. No reason to rush this guy up here, get his clock going, put stress on his arm and mind, and have to add him to the 40 man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

At this point just use the Costanza principle.  Whatever the Sox do, the right thing is the opposite. It feels entirely rushed. Dude has some talent, was a 3rd round pick out of the SEC, but his numbers are no bueno. And, he's not on the 40 man already. Just recycle someone else man. No reason to rush this guy up here, get his clock going, put stress on his arm and mind, and have to add him to the 40 man.

I would rather see what this kid can do than Flexen or Soroka so im all for it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, T R U said:

I would rather see what this kid can do than Flexen or Soroka so im all for it.

I get that, he'll I'd rather see him than Flexen, but it just is bad process and will continue to burn the Sox and us fans long term.

• Like 1

• Capn12 changed the title to 4/15/24 - KC @ CWS, 7:40 PM Eastern