4/17/24 - KC @ CWS, Game 1, 2:10 PM Eastern

Someone else should have started this, but....fk it. I want to start Cannon's first start thread, too. Not like it will matter on the outcome, we know where it is headed...

Jonathan Cannon Era begins...or Jonathan Cannon's ERA begins to climb, one of the two.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

In 1700 MLB PA, Vaughn has -.9 fWAR and a 101 wRC+. He's more than a click away, he's a whole continent away.

Depends. If it's a right click, you just go to Edit and increase all his attributes. 

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

In 1700 MLB PA, Vaughn has -.9 fWAR and a 101 wRC+. He's more than a click away, he's a whole continent away.

I would settle for that 101 OPS+ right now.  He'd be our star player.

• Haha 2
  • Paper Bag 1

19 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

AV's upside has been somewhat limited IMO, because of his lumbering football linebacker body type and his inability (at least to this point) to adjust to scouting reports. All too often, pitchers exploit his vulnerabilities at the plate (i.e., inability to cover off-speed pitches on the outer half).  We would all like to see AV hit 25+ home runs this year but instead, he looks like he wants to lead the league in HIDP.  Bottom line is that AV has to get hot and start hitting some bombs.

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

If Getz fails as a GM maybe he can try Dubai cloud seeder next.

Hey, they stole that from China, lol.

That has been a thing here for a decade.

Just spent $2 million to push BACK the rain so that a marathon and half events could be held (not that the actual race results matter when the African runners just let local favorites win, lol.)

• Like 1

• Capn12 changed the title to 4/17/24 - KC @ CWS, Game 1, 1:10 PM Eastern
31 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Hey, they stole that from China, lol.

That has been a thing here for a decade.

Just spent $2 million to push BACK the rain so that a marathon and half events could be held (not that the actual race results matter when the African runners just let local favorites win, lol.)

I watched that on the news! It took a lot for the Kenyan runners to keep it in 3rd gear.

12 minutes ago, Big Hurtin said:

Isn't that like a kilometer?  Must be some military folks here.  I just know from hearing it in movies.

I think so. And Vaughn trying to produce positive value is his own personal Vietnam, every summer.

28 minutes ago, Big Hurtin said:

Isn't that like a kilometer?  Must be some military folks here.  I just know from hearing it in movies.

Im ex Navy and yes I beleive thats true but cant be sure, after all the Navy does things a little different. Who else would call a bathroom the head??

36 minutes ago, Big Hurtin said:

If Vaughn is truly a kilometer away, it might take him a month to cover that distance. He's pretty slow. 

1 hour ago, tray said:

AV's upside has been somewhat limited IMO, because of his lumbering football linebacker body type and his inability (at least to this point) to adjust to scouting reports. All too often, pitchers exploit his vulnerabilities at the plate (i.e., inability to cover off-speed pitches on the outer half).  We would all like to see AV hit 25+ home runs this year but instead, he looks like he wants to lead the league in HIDP.  Bottom line is that AV has to get hot and start hitting some bombs.

What a terrible waste of a draft pick. He gone.

• Capn12 changed the title to 4/17/24 - KC @ CWS, Game 1, 2:10 PM Eastern